Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast

Visors from Film & TV

Article about: Just watched a film I had not seen for decades: "Night of the Generals" with Peter O'Toole and Omar Sharif. (The movie has held up very well over the years, and if you have not see

Napola (Before the Fall) One of my favourite movies, Youth, Civil and Military Uniforms
    Visors from Film & TVVisors from Film & TVVisors from Film & TVVisors from Film & TVVisors from Film & TVVisors from Film & TV

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Visors from Film & TV
    P
    Many

2 more movies featuring loads of original uniforms and aircraft: "Stukas" & "Besatzung Dora":
    (both starring Hannes Stelzer):
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Visors from Film & TV   Visors from Film & TV  

Visors from Film & TV   Visors from Film & TV  

Visors from Film & TV  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by stonemint View Post
    2 more movies featuring loads of original uniforms and aircraft: "Stukas" & "Besatzung Dora":
    Stonemint is, of course, referring to the fact that these films (as well as "Kopf Hoch, Johannes" in the earlier post) were all German propaganda movies made during the war.

By the way (and I hope I'm not starting to become obnoxious by making yet another film geek observation):

The cigarette-smoking Luftwaffe medical officer seated at the table is none other than Wolfgang Preiss (in the role of Staffelarzt Dr. Wagner), a distinguished veteran character actor who played countless WW2 German officers - often generals and field marshals - throughout his long career (for example, GFM von Rundstedt in "A Bridge Too Far"). Yes, he actually started playing those roles while the Third Reich was still in business.

Until "Downfall", I always thought the best Hitler was done by Anthony Hopkins in the 1981 movie "The Bunker":
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Visors from Film & TV  
    Attached Images Attached Images Visors from Film & TV  Visors from Film & TV 

?

Visors from Film & TV

The 1980's were the boom years for Third Reich-themed made-for-tv movies.
    This one was the best of the lot: "Hitler's SS: Portrait in Evil"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Visors from Film & TV  

...and to keep the ball rolling, another of my all-time favourites, 1969's 'Battle of Britain' movie....
    (the stars were the aircraft, but some good uniform detail too )

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Visors from Film & TV   Visors from Film & TV  

Visors from Film & TV  

"Sing Heine, sing!"

The Enemy Below (1957), Hollywood Kriegsmarine visors with over-sized eagles, and Kurt Jurgens much too old to be a U-boat "Kaluen". . .Visors from Film & TV

Decision Before Dawn(1951)was filmed in war scarred Europe featuring Richard Basehart andOskar Werner. The German uniforms were nearly 100% genuine article with some visors but mainly field caps. It still shows up on television and is well worth seeing. Oskar Werner was an interesting individual. A confirmed pacifist and anti-Nazi, he was drafted into the Heer and avoided a combat role by feigning incompetence and was assigned tp kitchen work. He married a half Jewish actress and deserted. The lived in the woods around Vienna avoiding both the Germans and the Russians.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Decision Before Dawn(1951)was filmed in war scarred Europe featuring Richard Basehart andOskar Werner. The German uniforms were nearly 100% genuine article with some visors but mainly field caps. It still shows up on television and is well worth seeing. Oskar Werner was an interesting individual. A confirmed pacifist and anti-Nazi, he was drafted into the Heer and avoided a combat role by feigning incompetence and was assigned tp kitchen work. He married a half Jewish actress and deserted. The lived in the woods around Vienna avoiding both the Germans and the Russians.
    Bob, I had forgotten about Decision Before Dawn--it is a terrific movie, and (imo) accurately captures the last months on the Western Front.
    Original insignia/uniforms galore:

Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast