Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Visors from Film & TV

Article about: Just watched a film I had not seen for decades: "Night of the Generals" with Peter O'Toole and Omar Sharif. (The movie has held up very well over the years, and if you have not see

'Escape from Sobibor' ...another top film!

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Visors from Film & TV  
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Visors from Film & TV
    P
    Many

I saw this movie when it first came out in 1971, and recently saw it again, and it has held up very well (and in fact is much better than the recent "Red Baron" movie):
    "Von Richtofen and Brown":
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Visors from Film & TV   Visors from Film & TV  

Attached Images Attached Images Visors from Film & TV  Visors from Film & TV 
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

08/15, a German triology, was turned in 1954 - so supposedly authentic uniforms/caps were used - there must have been plenty around. They had good advisors, as one can see the development of the caps (early Tellerform, later Klappmütze) and uniforms.

Couldn't find good pictures, though. There are clips of the films on youtube, of course.Visors from Film & TVVisors from Film & TVVisors from Film & TVVisors from Film & TVVisors from Film & TVVisors from Film & TVVisors from Film & TVVisors from Film & TV

?

Default Von Ryan's Express

Not to forget "Von Ryan's Express" with Sinatra from 1965 - does anybody have an explanation for the golden buttons on his tunic? Visors from Film & TVVisors from Film & TVVisors from Film & TVVisors from Film & TVVisors from Film & TV
    Last edited by ErWeSa; 10-08-2015 at 05:41 PM.

Quote by General von poopypants View Post
    This is the clip from a new movie out of Estonia called 1944.. It looks awesome but I cant find where to watch or buy it. If anyone has seen this let me know. Even using real T-34's I believe.
    I just finished watching it. It's a good film indeed. We have a thread on the movie:

1944 Movie - Battle of Blue Hills

I found it! Thanks FPL!

[QUOTE=General von poopypants;1512722]I found it! Thanks hpl!!!]

this is what I get for trying to answer on my phone!!

?

Default Der letzte Akt

Some pictures from "Der letzte Akt", an Austrian film from 1955 with Oskar Werner as Hptm Wüst Visors from Film & TVVisors from Film & TVVisors from Film & TV

And Oskar Werner was in the other film about the deserter to the US side with Richard Basehart, the name of which I forget. There are many excellent films of the 1950s which are full of real uniforms, which were hardly rare and often seen in films.

Decision at Dawn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pEfCo5uZLM

I was told by my German interlocutors that certain of the uniforms used in the Cruise movie on 20 July 1944 were actually recycled authentic uniforms.

The most Nazi uniforms used in a movie are in this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHs2coAzLJ8

Visors from Film & TVVisors from Film & TVThe other piece is that the Hollywood studios until about 1938 or so were all represented in Germany, and could take the measure of these items, themselves, despite
    the law for the protection of party and its symbols.

Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast