Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Visors from Film & TV

Article about: Just watched a film I had not seen for decades: "Night of the Generals" with Peter O'Toole and Omar Sharif. (The movie has held up very well over the years, and if you have not see

or, this film about Stalingrad, which is excellent, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxS7uFNX4sk

The theme consists of more than Hogan's Heroes and that man with his kinky sexual life, whose name I also forgot.

There are blessed aspects to dementia.

I watched Hogan's Heroes at the time, but never found it very interesting or funny, really.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Visors from Film & TV
    P
    Many

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The theme consists of more than Hogan's Heroes and that man with his kinky sexual life, whose name I also forgot.
    While that may well apply to any number of actors, I think you are referring to Bob Crane.

I watched Hogan's Heroes at the time, but never found it very interesting or funny, really.
    Me neither. The majority of stateside audiences may not empathize with me here, but a program where every single German character is portrayed as a complete and utter idiot (with characterization only allowing for a distinction between the sub-categories "pompous idiot", "harmless idiot" and "vile idiot") is not capable of tickling my funny bone too much.

Well said. Hollywood would not be itself without its scandals and hypocrisy.

The variety of idiots today is hardly on television, but populates real life, with tweets, instagrams and the like.

Militaria websites have enough native idiots, but our moderators help us expunge them, which has much merit to it.

?

Attachment 891221Attachment 891222The other piece is that the Hollywood studios until about 1938 or so were all represented in Germany, and could take the measure of these items, themselves, despite
    the law for the protection of party and its symbols.
    By chance I have just watched a documentary about Austrian actors/directors/artists who fled to the US and played the roles of Nazis in US-films such as "Hangmen Also Die!" produced in 1943, art director: Fritz Lang, Austrian refugee himself:Visors from Film & TVVisors from Film & TVVisors from Film & TV

Bravo, well done.

?

Bravo, well done.
    Nicht mein Verdienst, trotzdem danke! Right now the second part of the documentary is on, talking about how many of the well trained, the academics, the elite in science and art fled from Austria and Germany. History is repeating itself at present with all the people fleeing from the East. As they say: the only thing we learn from history is that we don't learn anything from history.

?

Default La grande vadrouille

Another one I remember seeing: a French comedy with Loius de Funès: "La grande vadrouille" from 1966
    891305[/ATTACH]Visors from Film & TVVisors from Film & TVVisors from Film & TVVisors from Film & TVVisors from Film & TVVisors from Film & TVVisors from Film & TV

Quote by ErWeSa View Post
    Nicht mein Verdienst, trotzdem danke! Right now the second part of the documentary is on, talking about how many of the well trained, the academics, the elite in science and art fled from Austria and Germany. History is repeating itself at present with all the people fleeing from the East. As they say: the only thing we learn from history is that we don't learn anything from history.
    These people were my teachers, for which I remain very thankful. One of them, Jahrgang 1924, is still a mentor and friend.

Some scenes from "9th April" Denmark 2015-- excellent film
    Last edited by reneblacky; 06-22-2018 at 10:37 AM.

Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast