Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

W-SS visor for review: an old friend

Article about: Like others on this forum, just guessing, I have paid said author/dealer a fair sum over the years for some very nice things. Stone: Yes, do explain your CW designation for this cap, if you

?

Default Re: W-SS visor for review: an old friend

Like others on this forum, just guessing, I have paid said author/dealer a fair sum over the years for some very nice things.

Stone:

Yes, do explain your CW designation for this cap, if you will. There are no markings that I can see.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement W-SS visor for review: an old friend
    P
    Many

Quote by Frog View Post
    Like others on this forum, just guessing, I have paid said author/dealer a fair sum over the years for some very nice things.

Stone:

Yes, do explain your CW designation for this cap, if you will. There are no markings that I can see.
    No, no markings--just having stared at too many CW visors over the past 33 years. I will leave a 1% margin of error for myself, however....
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by stonemint View Post
    No, no markings--just having stared at too many CW visors over the past 33 years. I will leave a 1% margin of error for myself, however....
    I am sure you are right, since there are an awful lot of black caps from this firm for officers and enlisted types.

I often wonder whether the grey caps of simple make were not then made in the WVHA empire, itself, and no longer the province of civilian contractors at all.

I much prefer early black caps made by Wagner, as they are more interesting and of much better quality than the mass produced objects of lesser materials at the height of SS expansion.

Moreover, I only care if the thing is real, und damit basta.

Bruce Antiquefrog asked to examine this cap before he bought it, which I did with the permission of the author dealer. It is a very fine piece. Notice the excellence of the crown piping versus all the dorky, silly, and fake grey caps in the internet.

This cap had no RZM tag, of course.

Happy headwear and please find me one like it at the garage sale for even USD 1.25.

?

Stone: Thanks; I shall not likely see this many CW caps, even in the afterllife, where I am sure they are worn frequently given where I am headed.

Else: F-B has been most generous of his time on my behalf over a long period.

Quote by Frog View Post
    Stone: Thanks; I shall not likely see this many CW caps, even in the afterllife, where I am sure they are worn frequently given where I am headed.

Else: F-B has been most generous of his time on my behalf over a long period.
    Where I am going as a result of my interpretation of the seven deadly sins, I expect to see all of my hats everyday and over and over again rendered thus. Granted the events of the 21st century, all of this awaits me far sooner than I expected.

Where is the right Goethe quote for this moment?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture W-SS visor for review: an old friend   W-SS visor for review: an old friend  

How we envy this happy Nazi and the gleeful use of his hat.... I bet he did not pay for his hat with his donations to the Winterhilfswerk and gave no consideration to the damage to same from falling Pfennigs.....He also probably put a ding in his dagger (....!!...) with the collection tin from the WHW.

Clemens Wagner might have made his hat, too, for all we know.

This picture is supposed to be from January 1937, and where was he in January 1946? Where were his hat and dagger?
    We know where the money went....
    Attached Images Attached Images W-SS visor for review: an old friend 

?

Goethe:

"Thinking is more interesting than knowing, but less interesting than looking."

Always loved this.

Quote by Frog View Post
    Goethe:

"Thinking is more interesting than knowing, but less interesting than looking."

Always loved this.
    Is this not the point of his Dr. Faustus?

Thanks for the kind aid.

Such a post has far more value than reflection on how pins are crimped on the back of some formerly -15 Rpfg. cap badge.

nice picture (the last one)
    Nice unisissued cap, I like the zimmermann eagle with the Deschler
    combination.

?

Carlsson -

Thanks; I am the village idiot when it comes to insignia, and so I cannot comment.

But - the thing is not unissued, for certain. It's just that the exterior has been exceptionally well maintained.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture W-SS visor for review: an old friend  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast