Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Waffen-SS Camouflage Cap

Article about: This is the first type of SS camo cap for wear with the smock. Bob Hritz

Demien
    ?

Default re: Waffen-SS Camouflage Cap

I must concure with ostlanddiger remark, to me the insignia apears original but post war aplied, since it is not worn as the cap is !!!

D

2. # ADS

i Am very surprised-that (serious collectors and :experts try to push that nothing worth story (garage sell or second hand selling or something like that) and dont talk about what is really seen in pictures.

Well, my Opa allways told me that it was better to remain silent and be thought the fool than to open the mouth and remove all doubt.

A very wise woman I know has a sign in her kitchen:

Never try to teach a pig to sing: it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Bob Hritz

I don't know nothing about singing pigs in America but i know this forum is for everybody who loves military history and this stuff and there is place for all opinions. We also keep some signs in kitchen. I explaind just a part of what on is based my opinion,and not only mine. Here in my country also are serious collectors who knows that stuff very well. America is in flood with fakes like that-even my American friends laugh:they says-all that...starts_American veteran brought back, Garage sales,father had dinner with Himmler....and so on so. Many high quality fakes are sold to America by Americans from Europa. Like one of my American friends sold to many different American dealers and collectors more than 2000 ss dog tags. The same thing with other stuff, but all what i want to say is-that cap is not good and personaly i dont care mister BOB what your OPA TOLD TO YOU. I explained on what is based part of my opinion about this cap. So explain your if you have it, but dont tell me about wise woman kitchen and opa fairy tales.

I would like to address the negative comments on this cap. To begin, photography is yet to be a perfect science for judging items on line. Secondly, the manufacturer of the cap and the manufacturer of the insignia are two different firms. The material used for the cap is totally different than that used for the bevo insignia. The bevo insignia has a certain amount of sheen that the cap material will not have. The cap appears to have little to no wear. I would question those who raise doubts on this piece to tell us how many original S S camoflage caps with insignia they have personally handled and studied. Mr. Hritz is a collector's collector. He has specialized in the collecting of S S cloth for at least 45 years. His name is to be found as a contributor in the majority of books written on 3rd Reich militaria. He would not be fooled by such an obvious feature as the nay sayers purport. When posting an opinion, it is always important to have the knowledge to back up said opinion. I have seen two other original caps in my 50+ years of insignia-both of which closely resemble Mr. Hritz's hat. Judging items that have been well stored is quite different than artifacts buried for 63+ years.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by ostlanddigger View Post
    i dont know nothing about singing pigs in amerika.but i know this forum is for everybody who loves military history and this stuff and there is place for all opinions.We also keep some signs in kitchen.i explaind just a part of what on is based my opinion,and not only mine.here in my country also are serios colectors who knows that stuff very well.America is in flood with fakes like that-even my american friends lough:they says-all that...starts_american veteran brought back,garage sell,father had dinner with Himmler....and so on.so many high quality fakes are sold to amerika by americans fro, europa.like one of my american friends sold to many differnt american dealers and colectors more than 2000 ss dog tags.the same thing with other stuff.but all what i want to say is-that cap is not good.and personaly i dont care mister BOB what your OOPA TOLD TO YOU.I explained on what is based part of my opinion about this cap.so explain your if you have it,but dont tell me about wise woman kitshen and opa fairy tales.
    Sir-
    Your statements in this post demonstrate your total ignorance for collectors and collections in the United States. I would suggest you start a library, look at many of the wonderful items that have been in North American collection for many years and study more. Certainly fakes are in circulation. If you are friends with a dealer in fake S S dog tags, one must also question your credibility. It was my understanding when joining this Forum that the level of collector here would be of a higher and better class than those found on some of the other Forum. Just as with your position on the Dachau Command Flag, you are demonstrating your lack of experience dealing with such items. You offer no educated opinions or theory as to why you think this piece is fake. It is obvious you have never handled an original example.
    It is also obvious that you have no intention of learning. So, are you here only to cause trouble? Your form of unintellegent banter is what will cause serious collectors to refrain from posting on the Forum. So please sit down and listen and learn.
    BOB

Come on guys, keep it friendly, there's nothing wrong in questioning an item when doing it friendly. This is a discussion forum, we can all learn from this cap. Me for example haven't got the privilege of studying SS cloth for 45 years and I'am always ready to learn something new...

Greetz

Nick VR

Nick-
    I agree with you 100%. Cheap shots and insults are not needed here.
    BOB

tnakyou mister COLEMAN.i feel sorry for my poor english,thats is main problem why i cant explain all about this cap.but i think all guys here can study by pictures cm by cm this cap and find many details wich is strange.thred lines,collor of cap threds(they lost collor by time,wich is very normal),threds of insignias(natural material,but did not lost the collor,that is strange).i also dont like the line between front piece and base body of cap.actualy there is more details i can see-but i cant explain because of my english(sorry).i have camo cap.had long time ago(that one i sold to american friend).some of my friends still has camo cups(i know personaly 3 different colectors here in LATVIJA,who has such cups).i have seen theese caps.all are different-but TIME and present use gives to them HIS OWN STAMP(i cant see that there).Also american colectors are not GODS,they can make mistakes or be wrong.but also well known fact is that some colectors publish his fake stuff in books an make strong positions for that fake.after that nobody has doubts about that piece,except involved one,s,or realy good practicians who knows-HOW ITS MADE.all my respect to you mister Bob Coleman

the fact i know fake ss dog tag dealer does not mean that i am the same or i support them(ofcourse not).i think mister COLEMAN you also know some guys around who are selling fakes,but that does not mean something bad about you.my opinion wasnot aggressive-it was based on what i know about thees caps.or i must keep my mouth shut wheen big daddys are so kindful to show me something.please read 13 post and you will see whoo started agression.my posts was about my opinion.happy hunting.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast