Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Waffen SS Cavalry schirmutze

Article about: a HEER visor cap probably? You take the words of my mouth... the insignia as I said is 100% originals.

?

Default Waffen SS Cavalry schirmutze

I have just managed to aquire this cap and would appreciate valued views on it. Also any other information as to who the maker could be (hoping that it is a genuine item). Only clues to the owner are the initials AB. I don't think that this cap has been shown anywhere before.

Please let me know if you need any other photos.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen SS Cavalry schirmutze   Waffen SS Cavalry schirmutze  

Waffen SS Cavalry schirmutze   Waffen SS Cavalry schirmutze  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Cavalry schirmutze
    P
    Many

Default re: Waffen SS Cavalry schirmutze

Dear Tieze,

are you crazy ?
    this kind of model caps are ultra rare, 1/1000 is original...
    I would like a true investigation...
    please post more details about the insignias holes under the swetband, the style of that cap is late war...
    insignias are original.

Sebastien.

DougO
    ?

Not a good one IMHO. The short overhang on the top is typically a bad sign. The lining is also a mess.
    Sorry, Doug

From the limited images posted, I concur with my colleagues that this hat appears to be a stinker. I would also cite, from what i can see, that the piping does not appear to be installed in a manner i would expect from a period master craftsman. Doug's observation on the lining is also quite valid. This cap appears to be another 4th Reich product.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I must agree with Doug and Bob.

Cheers, Ade.

I don't know about the cap, but the insignia are 100% originals
    the eagles is M1/167 and the skull an overhoff M1/24

but I think the Overhoff is a grounddug though

A well made fake with some obvious flaws, especially the crown piping and the use of two kinds of fabric in the lower portion of the cap to imitate a later make of Lubstein...but the attempt went hay wire.

Naturally, many would fall for a piece like this.

The badges do look authentic.

Let us not launch on one of these Waffenfarbe of the Waffen SS tirades, or I else I will engage in psychological warfare.

Caveat emptor is the doctrine when it comes to caps with Waffenfarbe.

Here, however, is a real cap with Waffenfarbe...
    Attached Images Attached Images Waffen SS Cavalry schirmutze 

?

Friedrich, thank you for your helpful and as ever well managed and perfectly crafted comments,as ever a delight to read if not what one would have wished for, as with many others as above. My quest continues, as i'm sure it does for many of us!

Best
    Tietze.

Quote by Tietze View Post
    Friedrich, thank you for your helpful and as ever well managed and perfectly crafted comments,as ever a delight to read if not what one would have wished for, as with many others as above. My quest continues, as i'm sure it does for many of us!

Best
    Tietze.
    Thanks for yours. The websites are suffocated in the colored-Waffen SS cap-Loch Ness Monster-problem. Or the thing resembles theology in an earlier period of Christianity better know to you Europeans than to us on Europeans. Whatever the case, we all have to regard Waffen SS caps with Waffenfarbe with a healthy dose of skepticism. The piece at the start of the file is plainly a well crafted fake. It is quite typical of the fakes one sees, which are the result of some great effort by malevolent hands. The Shea Beaver book has numerous examples of authentic caps (which I am sure will cause others here to doubt them...)

I am happy with a 08/15 grey cap with white piping, since it might well have been worn by the other arms...who knows?

This cap is in the Shea Beaver book, actually. Alas, its piping is just white. I was quite surprised to find my cap in the book when I bought said volume recently in of all places....Berlin.

The cap with the PZ Paspel was once that of Mollo and Wolfe and now resides in some e. Coast US collection, long may it prosper....pi pa po.

I hope you find your cap with Waffenfarbe and do so in a safe and sane way.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen SS Cavalry schirmutze  

Isn't the cap starting the thread a kind of put together WH visor cap?
    The bottom rings green color is typical WH army green. When I am not wrong I have seen this visor somewhere on another forum. But it is for sure one stinker of many others.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast