Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Waffen SS Croatian Peaked Cap

Article about: I'm going to be selling these for friend (see my other thread - http://warrelics.eu/forum/cloth-head...ap-help-24494/ ) this is a Waffen SS Croatian "Einsatzstaffel" NCO's peaked c

?

Default Re: Waffen SS Croatian Peaked Cap

I believe this cap to be a frankenstein piece. Made up of parts and pieces of other caps. I do not like the bill at all. I do not like the green colored back on cap bill. The aging to the bill is not the same as the chinstrap or sweatband. Another sign of a parts piece. I do not know what the stamps on the interior liner are for. The piping does not look right either. Nor do I like the herringbone liner. The sweat diamond was sewn in sideways. Mayby an error when being reconstructed. In other words sir I think the cap to be a forgery.
    It is my personal opinion that anyone spending hard earned money on this cap would be throwing their money away.
    Respectfully
    Steve Ray

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Croatian Peaked Cap
    P
    Many

Default Re: Waffen SS Croatian Peaked Cap

I too am uncomfortable with this cap,,.,,the bill is from a luft hat,the wear of the sweat band doesnt match the condition of the outside,,and i agree that it is a parts cap,,,,the numbers inked inside are likely museum inventory numbers and this may well have come from a Soviet Military Museum where the cap was rebuilt,,,RUN!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2