Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Waffen SS Nco Cap

Article about: Hello the caps collectors, this is my first thread here, I show you my new Waffen ss nco cap, this is a very pre war model cap, with a light piping and a typical narrow cap band much like th

Default Waffen SS Nco Cap

Hello the caps collectors,
    this is my first thread here, I show you my new Waffen ss nco cap, this is a very pre war model cap, with a light piping and a typical narrow cap band much like the cap to the NCO on the Beaver book cover.
    The skull is a Overhoff model, the eagle a Assmann zinc.
    Opinion are always Welcome
    thanks
    Sebastien.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen SS Nco Cap   Waffen SS Nco Cap  

Waffen SS Nco Cap   Waffen SS Nco Cap  

Waffen SS Nco Cap  
    Attached Images Attached Images Waffen SS Nco Cap 
    Last edited by S.Vestae; 07-27-2008 at 07:04 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Nco Cap
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Waffen SS Nco Cap

Is there sweatband has a holes from mashine stitching or it's just a piece of wood in my eye?
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Is there sweatband has a holes from mashine stitching or it's just a piece of wood in my eye?
    Hello Dimas, intersting question, but what do you talking about ?

thanks.

This thread proves my point that few things cause more discord than a grey SS cap. Happy collecting.

?

Quote by S.Vestae View Post
    Hello Dimas, intersting question, but what do you talking about ?

thanks.
    I mean about the mashine stitching holes in the place where the visor attached to the cap, is there some repairments, or just it looks like a holes on the sweadband?
    Regards,
    Dimas

ok Dimas,
    yes the sweatband has been repair post war for sure, the visor stitching are untouched

but this sweatband is period at this cap for sure because, same Pre war model style like the orange interior.

This thread proves my point that few things cause more discord than a grey SS cap. Happy collecting.
    I am in "peace" with this cap for 2 simple reason,

First,this narrow black band model is typical for the waffen ss units, the heer oakleaf are to big for this model band.

Second, the pin holes size are realised for a ss tk skull only.

Sebastien.

If you deepen yourself in the specification of field caps and garrison peaked caps in the Reichswehr, you will find that the field cap indeed had a more narrow cap band than the garrison wear cap with a chin strap. The Austrian illustrated work on the Reichswehr uniforms that used to cost Euros 99 has clear illustrations of this point. Whether one can thus infer that the SS merely aped this feature, I shall leave this debate to others, as I do not collect such arcane head gear. I think the field cap has a band of 4 cms. width, whereas the garrison Schirmmuetze has 4.5 cms. But please do not make this statement into some doctrine. It is an empirical observation supported by some documentary evidence, but there is a plain leap of faith here.

Happy collecting.

?

I dont' want to say that the cap is fake, and I have no doubts about that one, due of I have not inspected it in my hands ( I think you can understand me as you are collector yourself)
    But a couple of reasons I don't like personaly as a potential buyer of that kind of stuff:
    The replacement/repair of the visor- due of not a so salty condition which can damaged previous visor. The fieldgray uniform's like wool used with this kind of liner and a bit strange piping's wool construction. Of cause this is my IMO, and probably I'am not so skilled in that area and not seen the caps in that cut and fashion. In other the cap looks old, but not a text book example
    Regards,
    Dimas

If you deepen yourself in the specification of field caps and garrison peaked caps in the Reichswehr
    Thanks for your excellent opinion, we have this possibility... but please can you post a similar Reichswerhr exemple cap here ?
    I have never seen a imperial cap with this style of cap...

maybe a imperial Hussar cap...but this interior is a typical III Reich pre war era...

Thanks all for your nice knowledge, I apreciate !
    Sebastien.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast