Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Waffen SS Officers schirmmütze.

Article about: Thanks Everyone, This Belgian made visor with rayon cellulose chin strap are they rarer find?

Thanks Everyone, This Belgian made visor with rayon cellulose chin strap are they rarer find?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Officers schirmmütze.
    P
    Many

Waffen SS Officers schirmmütze.yes, indeed. B. Herman had one or one from the Low Countries. It came from a very senior collection.

?

Wonderful example with a ton of character. Thanks for showing it us.
    Any background history that you know of?

Thanks for showing your example Friedrich.... Is that a common characteristic trait on the piping?

Quote by North of 55 View Post
    Thanks for showing your example Friedrich.... Is that a common characteristic trait on the piping?
    The Belgian or Dutch cap is not mine. I have no idea, really why it looks like it does save for wear and age. I think the cap got wet, actually, or the Paspel was applied differently than the German ones. Who knows? It is worn and it was from a very fine collection whence I got some very good pieces, but I did not buy it.
    Your cap is very nice with character. I do not care much for the later caps, but yours has patina without being so battered as to be an object of sadness.
    I have many friends who wear just such caps in real life, i.e. not SS caps, but military caps in service, with patina. It is an important sign of status.

Waffen SS Officers schirmmütze.Waffen SS Officers schirmmütze.Waffen SS Officers schirmmütze.These came from the same collection.....as the low countries cap. The black cap in the foreground, I mean....

Yes I think you are right that is must have been wet..{Soaked} I don't think they would have applied the piping in that manner...... Love your visor in the centre..

Waffen SS Officers schirmmütze.Waffen SS Officers schirmmütze.Waffen SS Officers schirmmütze.The purpose of caps has generally been rather less to be a fetish object for such likes as us in the 21st century as it has been to protect the noggin from the elements as well as to be decorative.

Waffen SS Officers schirmmütze.An SS cap that saw much use and also got wet, since the steel parts corroded. When it got so wet and such I cannot say.

Quote by spandau View Post
    I don't collect ss.................but I'd make an exception for that one ! (after I've bought all FB's)......................

It's a cracker !

cheers

Tony
    You are always welcome to my entire collection.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast