Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Wehrmacht Infantry Enlisted Schirmmütze - Black inner peak?

Article about: I was looking at this visor, and it looks good and in great shape, although I've not seen an example with the dark color under the peak/visor part of the cap. I've probably looked at 100 exa

Wehrmacht Infantry Enlisted Schirmmütze - Black inner peak?Wehrmacht Infantry Enlisted Schirmmütze - Black inner peak?Wehrmacht Infantry Enlisted Schirmmütze - Black inner peak?Wehrmacht Infantry Enlisted Schirmmütze - Black inner peak?
    Quote by MAP View Post
    Wilkins book is excellent but not perfect. It is a great tool and easily worth the cost. But it should be used in conjunction with the information on this forum
    Well said. If you know nothing, the Wilkins books is a nice place to start. It contains some historical untruths as concern the attitude of certain persons to the regime,
    but it offers a good introduction to caps and their traits. The knowledge contained on this site, however, eclipses Wilkins, especially the Muetzenfabrik thread of some
    hundred odd pages, which should be made into a booklet, itself.

Muetzenfabrik

And, if you pay the fee here, Mr. Mint's encyclopaedia of caps is a source without peer, even if one can differ on certain details.

Happy hats and often times there exist real things that get needlessly trashed because of the paranoia of our unhappy time of anxiety and dread.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrmacht Infantry Enlisted Schirmmütze - Black inner peak?
    P
    Many

its a very nice late war cap.

and use Mr. Spandau's book, too.

MAP
    ?

On my "to get" list!!!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I love seeing those old factory photos FB. It's easy to romanticize about an era that was long passed before a person was born, but I can just about hear all the sounds of the machinery and smell the new textiles. There's something soothing about the lack of computers and high technology. None of those people are on cellphones checking social media or texting. I don't know, it just seems less complicated, and more honest. We are led to believe technology makes our lives easier, but I'm not so sure the trade-off has proven to be worth it in the end. I really think this is part of the allure for WW2 collecting for me, given it was the tail end of the industrial era before the modern one took over and changed everything.

All that said, I do covet air conditioning and indoor plumbing.

?

Lovely cap. First class.

Quote by avenger View Post
    I love seeing those old factory photos FB. It's easy to romanticize about an era that was long passed before a person was born, but I can just about hear all the sounds of the machinery and smell the new textiles. There's something soothing about the lack of computers and high technology. None of those people are on cellphones checking social media or texting. I don't know, it just seems less complicated, and more honest. We are led to believe technology makes our lives easier, but I'm not so sure the trade-off has proven to be worth it in the end. I really think this is part of the allure for WW2 collecting for me, given it was the tail end of the industrial era before the modern one took over and changed everything.

All that said, I do covet air conditioning and indoor plumbing.
    As one who has suffered from nostalgia since the age of four, or so, I take your point. The truth is, however, that the women in the picture in 1941 or so
    may or may have not been alive or intact a few months later. I am old enough to remember a world without personal computers, and all the distractions of
    this era. It was better for me, really, because it was much easier to think. I miss the quiet in which I could think.
    There is little of that today. We either like or dislike; we tweet our glee and/or our rage. And there is far too much rage. Happy hats to all.

A few more seller photos of this visor. I was able to squeeze in before a couple others on this, so it's going to be making the trip to the USA. I have to say, I really like this hat from the saddle shape, the insignia, the thick piping, even the little lacquer spray spittle on the outside peak you can just make out in the photos (like the last two below) where the light hits it right that's indicative of the late war production.

MAP
    ?

Won't know until it is in hand but I would venture to guess that this might have been un-sold (being a private purchase cap). Or if actually purchased, rarely if ever worn.

M
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Assuming this is a post war photo, I can think of no better sight. Kids surviving one of the worst wars, playing in the ruins of the machinery that propagated that war. There's a lot of tranquility in that thought, and in the photo if this is what we're seeing. Even if the city around them is in ruins, I can only imagine the relief that the nightmare is over, and kids can feel safe to play outside again. A powerful image.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast