Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

What branch does this visor belong to?...

Article about: Hi all. I just picked up this visor and I'm having some trouble identifying the branch. I want to say KM Coastal Artillery (Medical)? Notice the gold wash of the eagle, wreath, cockade and e

?

Default What branch does this visor belong to?...

Hi all.

I just picked up this visor and I'm having some trouble identifying the branch. I want to say KM Coastal Artillery (Medical)? Notice the gold wash of the eagle, wreath, cockade and even the chinstrap (although mostly gone). If KA, shouldn't the visor have a silver chinstrap? I thought the gold chinstraps were reserved for Generals and NSDAP visors?

Any help is appreciated.

What branch does this visor belong to?...What branch does this visor belong to?...What branch does this visor belong to?...What branch does this visor belong to?...What branch does this visor belong to?...What branch does this visor belong to?...What branch does this visor belong to?...What branch does this visor belong to?...What branch does this visor belong to?...What branch does this visor belong to?...What branch does this visor belong to?...What branch does this visor belong to?...What branch does this visor belong to?...

Thanks!
    Dzyner

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What branch does this visor belong to?...
    P
    Many

I would say medical, but others know more than do I.

The badges are silver plated and they have tarnished. Coastal artillery has green piping.

Its an army medical officers cap, as FB says. It looks to me like the badges have been painted gold at some point, and then cleaned off, but I'm not certain.

It may be that the badges are buntmetall with a silver wash, and the buntmetall has a lot of brass in it....I do not know.

It is a perfectly alright cap and I would leave it alone.

?

Thanks for the replies guys. I agree that it is Medical (I have a couple of medical tunics and the piping is an exact match). I was more curious about whether or not the gold tint to the insignia and cord put it under another branch such as KA or even simply KM. Since KM and KA share a lot of the same insignia details as Army I thought perhaps that would explain the gold tinting. That said, if what FB said it true (and I'm sure it is) that KA would have green piping (even for Medical) then that rules out this cap being tied to KA.

Here is another photo that shows the side of the cockade, which I believe is aluminum, yet still has an obvious gold wash. See my notations (click to enlarge) and let me know what you think...

What branch does this visor belong to?...

Nice hat. These are pre-war insignia, and were most likely originally frosted and polished, and a laquer placed over them, which can result in a goldish tint over time.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Thanks Stonemint. That makes sense for the insignia, but what about the cord? The same tone (remnants of it anyway) can be seen on the cord. Do you think it was also lacquered?

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Nice hat. These are pre-war insignia, and were most likely originally frosted and polished, and a laquer placed over them, which can result in a goldish tint over time.
    I associate myself with same.