Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

What cap are these?

Article about: Dear Gentlemen. I have this family photo album that begins in 1876 and finishes in 1942. There is a cap in it That seems very strange to me and mabey you can help me out. whats this cap? is

?

Default What cap is this?

Dear Gentlemen.
    I have this family photo album that begins in 1876 and finishes in 1942.
    There is a cap in it That seems very strange to me and mabey you can help me out.

whats this cap? is it an eagle and swas?
    What cap are these?

Regards,
    Patrick Lewis
    Last edited by M18922; 12-16-2011 at 09:27 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What cap are these?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: What cap are these?

Wonderful images Pat, the craftsmen of the 394th something or other regiment are wearing the Kraetzchen. No idea what the armband means or the L patch (Learner driver?)

The metal badge on the young guy's very fashionable yachting/sailing cap is a new one on me.

?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Wonderful images Pat, the craftsmen of the 394th something or other regiment are wearing the Kraetzchen. No idea what the armband means or the L patch (Learner driver?)

The metal badge on the young guy's very fashionable yachting/sailing cap is a new one on me.
    Thanks Ben, I edited the post to specilise on the cap badge, sorry if I caused any inconvenience.

Thanks for the help, mabey I have found a new rare cap

any more help would be appreciated.

cheers,
    Patrick

?

It looks like an anchor with a circle in the middle,can`t see a hakenkreuz.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Quote by zwerge View Post
    It looks like an anchor with a circle in the middle,can`t see a hakenkreuz.
    The central device of the cap badge is indeed definitely an anchor and, overlaying its mid-section, most likely a life ring. It probably looks a lot like this item:

SEGELSPORT. : SPORT (6) : Verschiedene Sammelgebiete - André Hüsken Militaria

The cap itself is a traditional civilian-type sailor's cap of the so-called "Prinz Heinrich" style. For a modern-day example, see: Prinz-Heinrich-Mütze: Amazon.de: Sport & Freizeit

Such sailor caps, in various styles, were - and still are - quite popular in Northern Germany.

As has been already pointed out by Ben, it is surely a cap for some civilian yachting/boating/sailing/watersports club.
    Last edited by HPL2008; 12-16-2011 at 11:00 PM.

?

I think you have it although Husken isn't the most reliable source. I was trying to remember the name of this style of hat but could only come up with Prinz Eugen which would be an unfortunate name for a cap unless you wanted a large doss of radioactivity!

Prince Heinrich, the brother of Kaiser Wilhelm II. You can buy such a cap today.What cap are these?

?

Thanks for the help,
    This would defiantly be it as the the family had alot of relatives invovled with the Kriegsmarine.
    Here are some other photos of him...

What cap are these?What cap are these?What cap are these?What cap are these?

Thanks again for the help, I would have never guessed that,
    Regards,
    Patrick