Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

what is this german cap

Article about: As fake as they come...sorry! Manny

Default what is this german cap

what is this german cap i got from a house clearence sale today, looks nice like a bergmutze or so but black, sorry for the pictures but the other cam is brocken so i have to use the old one
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture what is this german cap   what is this german cap  

what is this german cap   what is this german cap  

what is this german cap   what is this german cap  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement what is this german cap
    P
    Many

Default Re: what is this german cap

Panzer m43, if its original. Close up pics of the inside of the grommets would help, though my first impression would be doubtful of it being original. This is only my opinion and others might disagree.

Jerry

i have to wait till next week to get a better cam or maybe i can find a cam on one of the markets tomorrow

?

If its original m43, its one of the cleanest near mint examples ive seen, it also appears that there has never been any insignia attached which i think strange, especially as its got the owners name inside, if its fake its one of the best i have seen, is there a chance its an italian made cap, or would the rbn no/ exclude this.

Quote by davejb View Post
    If its original m43, its one of the cleanest near mint examples ive seen, it also appears that there has never been any insignia attached which i think strange, especially as its got the owners name inside, if its fake its one of the best i have seen, is there a chance its an italian made cap, or would the rbn no/ exclude this.
    i cant get it on the picture but it looks like it was something sawen on the cap in front like a trapenzoid, when i got it was the cap in a box and packet in paper

Quote by davejb View Post
    take a close look
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture what is this german cap  

I was told that any cap like this ,that have air vent were post-war.But I could be wrong.

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    I was told that any cap like this ,that have air vent were post-war.But I could be wrong.
    the stamp says 43

Quote by klinger View Post
    the stamp says 43
    Well any marking can be added,I am not a expert on this.But If I am wrong this would be good news to me,I bought a m43 cap years ago for 40$ the seller was not sure about the hat being real ww2 and has the air vents.

Sorry this is a Janke made copy. But given the price you paid you have not lost anything.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast