Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What kind of visor ??

Article about: by d'alquen Wim, They are the "Kanal Brigade" from Vienna according to picture credit at the BA. d'Alquen Yes, indeed d'Alquen. Perfect and quick, correct! The picture was shown in

DRK
    ?

Default What kind of visor ??

Anyone for a guess ?? Strassenbahn ? conductor ??
    Visor has a light cap band and a large state eagle.....

What kind of visor ??What kind of visor ??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What kind of visor ??
    P
    Many

I guess it is as you think. There are so many differences, especially
    with Strassenbahn. Many larger cities all had their own regulations!
    Another possibility he was Gemeindebeamte (municipal employee),
    but they most often did wear a coat-of-arms for the city upon the
    visor.

Looks like everybody had a uniform and a hat to go with it in those days ! Some had even more than one.............like some of the collectors on this forum !

Makes it much more interesting not quite knowing !

cheers

Tony

Spandau: you're right. For every sh*t there was a uniform (for sure)!

This is a photograph from April 1938.

What kind of visor ??

Question for you all: what is the name for this group of persons?
    They are called Stosstrupp (shock troop), but from what and
    what was their purpose?

Have a look at there swastika armband. Very well visible is a stamp
    partly upon the white field. Note the wearing of a beret with an eagle symbol
    upon the front top........

What kind of visor ??

If no (correct) answer is given, later this week I will give the answer
    and then you must agree that indeed for everything a uniform was
    a fact!!

DRK
    ?

I guess somekind of civil organization looking at the different shirts / ties worn by these men....

Wonderful material. Thanks to our fine members. I have no idea of who is in the picture besides Goebbels. Maybe this is the Nazi organization of doughnut makers?

NS Spitzkuchenbaeckerverein? NS Spitzenkuchenbaeckerstosstrupp. Very catchy name.

shitehaus cleaners union.

Wim,
    They are the "Kanal Brigade" from Vienna according to picture credit at the BA.
    d'Alquen

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    Wim,
    They are the "Kanal Brigade" from Vienna according to picture credit at the BA.
    d'Alquen
    Well, you learn something new here every day.

I had never, ever heard of that formation, but a quick Google search just taught me that the Viennese Kanalbrigade was a special police force responsible for policing Vienna's vast sewer system, which was extensively (ab)used for a wide range of illegal acitivities by everything from squatters to people "fishing" for valuables and from political radicals/insurgents to common criminals.

The Kanalbrigade was established in the 1920s and - in one form or the other - continued in existence past the Anschluss, WW2 and into the post-war years, when its main mission was the fight against traffickers, black marketeers and such. Friedrich-Berthold will no doubt appreciate the "Harry Lime" connection. (In fact, actual Kanalbrigade personnel were involved in the filming of the underground chase.)

Today, its duties are the responsibility of "WEGA" (the special unit of the Vienna municipal police) who undertake regular patrols of the sewers.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Well, you learn something new here every day.

I had never, ever heard of that formation, but a quick Google search just taught me that the Viennese Kanalbrigade was a special police force responsible for policing Vienna's vast sewer system, which was extensively (ab)used for a wide range of illegal acitivities by everything from squatters to people "fishing" for valuables and from political radicals/insurgents to common criminals.

The Kanalbrigade was established in the 1920s and - in one form or the other - continued in existence past the Anschluss, WW2 and into the post-war years, when its main mission was the fight against traffickers, black marketeers and such. Friedrich-Berthold will no doubt appreciate the "Harry Lime" connection. (In fact, actual Kanalbrigade personnel were involved in the filming of the underground chase.)

Today, its duties are the responsibility of "WEGA" (the special unit of the Vienna municipal police) who undertake regular patrols of the sewers.
    Bravo, Andreas. A theme close to my heart.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast