Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

What would forum members like to discuss or see changed?

Article about: This is your chance to list what you want to see discussed. Would you like more details of how to spot fakes? Would you like more information about the history and evolution of particlular s

?

Default Re: What would forum members like to discuss or see changed?

I know this wouldnt apply but i would love to see a War Relics App for Apple/Android so you can post pics and discuss any time anywhere.
    Thanks
    Ryan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What would forum members like to discuss or see changed?
    P
    Many

Great idea, Ben. I will be the first to admit that we, as advanced collectors, can get stuck in a rut in terms of presentation.

I always wanted to do a separate Visor Cap Forum, where construction techniques of the various makers were laid out by maker. I would then have a separate thread for each organisation--ie, LW, WH, SS, Red Cross, etc. However, such is time consuming, and the parameters of this forum do not allow for it.

In any event, I am open to suggestions!
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Great idea, Ben. I will be the first to admit that we, as advanced collectors, can get stuck in a rut in terms of presentation.

I always wanted to do a separate Visor Cap Forum, where construction techniques of the various makers were laid out by maker. I would then have a separate thread for each organisation--ie, Luftwaffe, WH, SS, Red Cross, etc. However, such is time consuming, and the parameters of this forum do not allow for it.

In any event, I am open to suggestions!
    The question posed to me that caused much reflection was: "how can you tell a real SS officer's cap?"

Maybe one of you will dissect the means whereby such an analysis operates.

..and Mr. Mint makes a very valid point here on the burden sharing piece, that to do any of this well takes a huge amount of time, and many of us have real, professional jobs in a demanding time.

One of you could adapt what Wilkins did in his book as to how caps were made, which, is more or less taken from the UM article. That is, Uniformen Markt.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post

..and Mr. Mint makes a very valid point here on the burden sharing piece, that to do any of this well takes a huge amount of time, and many of us have real, professional jobs in a demanding time.
    If we all add to it, little by little, then it wouldn't be impossible. Every database has to start somewhere.

?

Quote by rbemer207 View Post
    I know this wouldnt apply but i would love to see a War Relics App for Apple/Android so you can post pics and discuss any time anywhere.
    Thanks
    Ryan
    You can access the forum via the internet from a smart phone now and use all the functions as on a regular computer.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    If we all add to it, little by little, then it wouldn't be impossible. Every database has to start somewhere.
    A ton of stuff is already here in the mass, but someone would have to undertake the editorial process with some concept, some scheme. I cannot do it, other than what I have already done.

?

Yeah I know that, its just that it could be really really slow at times even running 4G LTE on verizon. Im just saying because im one of those people who are on there smart phone 24/7 lol.
    Thanks For the Response
    Ryan

Personally, I think that it would be good "segment" the Badges & Medals a bit more into their respective classes like - Rk/Dk/Ek/Kvk- Campaign Shields-
    Iab/Gab/Pab etc.
    If this was done and the information for each classification header was clear, it would be much easier to find the basic data without having to utilise the search facility.

I feel we need to come up with some strategy to help capture some of the 10-1 ratio of non members on the site and attempt to turn them into members.
    I know it is a difficult one but if we could turn just 10% into financial members then that has to be a good thing for the forum.
    Some form of incentive to join?,only allow a certain amount of visit's as a non member etc.
    I don't have an answer but I feel this is something that maybe need's addressing as Ive noticed some members distain in answering authenticity and valuation questions of non members with only a few post's.Some are legitimate questions some are not.
    Not an easy one though.
    All the best guy's and gal's.

I would like to say that some more advanced TR collectors are vague in descriptions and when talking on authenticity. I am newer to TR collecting and when reading many forms I come partially confused on the comments more "advanced members" post. I read these forms to learn and share with other members and realize once you collect in a specific area you tend to overlook the basics and minor details that help beginners learn. I know many members appear to become frustrated to stoop to a beginners level an explain at an elementary level on why a piece is real or not or their rareness and other topics. Ive collected US for a while and when my friends new to collecting ask questions I tent to try to generalize my answers to make it easier for me, but most of the time realize that I can help more by taking my time and being more in depth.
    This is my opinion and I realize no one has the obligation to take their precious time to explain something that may seem basic but it sure would help us beginners. I do think though that new members that might only join for help on one thread or for help to sell items should be treated with less urgency.
    Just my 2c -Ben

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast