Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

View Poll Results: What is your favorite Third Reich visor hat maker?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Erel (Robert Lubstein)

9 32.14%
  • Peküro (Peter Küpper)

9 32.14%
  • Berolina (George A Hoffmann)

0 0%
  • Clemens Wagner

3 10.71%
  • Schellenberg

1 3.57%
  • Paul Kaps

2 7.14%
  • Holters

0 0%
  • Welhausen

4 14.29%
  • Fewegla (Felix Weissbach Glauchau)

0 0%
  • HPC (Hermann Potthoff Coesfeld)

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What is Your Favorite Third Reich Visor Hat Maker?

Article about: Just curious what maker is your favorite, and why. If you have one, please post a photo of your favorite hat by that particular maker. (If your fave maker is not listed in the poll choices,

Default What is Your Favorite Third Reich Visor Hat Maker?

Just curious what maker is your favorite, and why.
    If you have one, please post a photo of your favorite hat by that particular maker.

(If your fave maker is not listed in the poll choices, please feel free to say what it is in a post).
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is Your Favorite Third Reich Visor Hat Maker?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Of the few visors that I "own" my favorite maker is my Pekuro. The quality is just fantastic, but the provenance puts it over the top (KC winner). Yes...it is not rare and some often say they are over rated but it is a beautiful piece.

Although my 1936 Lubstein HG NCO is a close second...

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

My apologies, I neglected to add "Other" in the poll.

My personal fave is J.C. Kornacker of Hildesheim.
    They used accordian-pleating on their linings, and have an aesthetic look that I describe as being almost pneumatic:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What is Your Favorite Third Reich Visor Hat Maker?   What is Your Favorite Third Reich Visor Hat Maker?  

What is Your Favorite Third Reich Visor Hat Maker?   What is Your Favorite Third Reich Visor Hat Maker?  

Last edited by stonemint; 06-23-2022 at 11:09 PM.

I note a Welhausen vote--they are also an unsung maker (you can pick out their visors in period photos, they are so distinctive):
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What is Your Favorite Third Reich Visor Hat Maker?  

123 views and only 5 votes? C'mon, guys, don't be shy--no one can tell who you voted for!

Mom 'n Pop makers count as well (ie, unmarked)--this is probably one of my favorite caps of all time--late war, simple, with no bells & whistles, but it has a grace all its own (and the entire front panel is stiffened):
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What is Your Favorite Third Reich Visor Hat Maker?   What is Your Favorite Third Reich Visor Hat Maker?  

MAP
    ?

If we could only figure out who made these!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hermann Potthoff (HPC) is another underappreciated/unsung maker.
    Besides Erel, they were the only other company to use a "frischluft" system (& I would have to believe that their air vent system worked a heckuva lot better than Lubstein's):

No votes for Clemens Wagner? I agree, they got sloppy during wartime as far as quality is concerned, but prewar, they made some killer visors, such as this SS Genl's:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What is Your Favorite Third Reich Visor Hat Maker?  

I have a bit of a love affair with Luftwaffe Officer visor caps by Erel....

Attached Images Attached Images What is Your Favorite Third Reich Visor Hat Maker? 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast