Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

What is your Holy Grail? (Cloth Headgear Only!)

Article about: This would be a close 2nd to the Reichsleiter I posted: A KM Admiral White-top made of doeskin wool: (If I had to guess, I would say it is probably an Erel)

?

Here is my Grail and it resides in my collection. A bonafide Heer NCO cap converted to officer but used by an SS NCO promoted to Officer. The cap is from Gerhard Lotze, has complete provenance and pretty sure a photo of him wearing this exact cap. It came with his awards including his Knights Cross, full uniform, insignia, documents, photos, HJ items, newspaper articles about him, basically his entire history till he was 12 years old till he was KIA north of Warsaw in late December 1944 as a 22 year old in Westland Reg't.

I will never find anything like this out there, ever again esp with this provenance. It is perhaps the single most complete and amazing SS grouping known.

Attachment 583705

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)
    P
    Many

Quote by DougB View Post
    Here is my Grail and it resides in my collection. A bonafide Heer NCO cap converted to officer but used by an SS NCO promoted to Officer. The cap is from Gerhard Lotze, has complete provenance and pretty sure a photo of him wearing this exact cap. It came with his awards including his Knights Cross, full uniform, insignia, documents, photos, HJ items, newspaper articles about him, basically his entire history till he was 12 years old till he was KIA north of Warsaw in late December 1944 as a 22 year old in Westland Reg't.

I will never find anything like this out there, ever again esp with this provenance. It is perhaps the single most complete and amazing SS grouping known.

Attachment 583705
    WOW! That's it, I'm booking my flight to Canada right now. Is there a link to see the entire uniform, Doug? That's fascinating.

?

It along with his insignia etc is in my German War Room thread. I've done a complete photo session in GHW2 but old bad pics.

?

Truly astonishing, Doug. I'm speechless.. Except to say, " thanks for sharing this holy artifact"

I own one of my holy Grails...a Heer panzer beret

Although, I'd be a happier man if I owned Mr. Hritz W-SS camo cap ( especially by the manner in which he acquired it)
    Attached Images Attached Images What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)  What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)  What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)  What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)  What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)  What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!) 

?

I love Bob's camo cap as well. Its the nicest camo cap on the planet bar none.

?

Agreed, Doug

That cap was only made for three months with insignia before Himmler mandated them to be stripped and/or halted factory production with applied insignia.( I suppose the bright insignia was sniper bait)

And even more astonishing is how Bobs' cap was procured..(I'm trying not to be monotonous, but this story is riveting. ..)
    Last edited by Dean; 10-18-2013 at 07:04 AM.

This is a very interesting thread, I hope some of you guys found your dream cap since you posted

I am a big fan of Wehrmacht visors, so a General's one would make me quite happy... Even happier if it was a vented Erel like this one... Even happier if it was THIS ONE....

What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)

For now however, I will keep dreaming

?

An SS-VT clothed bill crusher like this one offered by K. Hicks would be my ultimate cap. Unfortunately at these insane prices I will never own one unless I win the lottery

What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)

TWS
    ?

Currently? A Heer general's Schirmmütze or Schiffchen. But finding one that is both 100% beyond doubt and affordable is proving to be a huge challenge.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

?

I would have to say a Luftwaffe general's visor cap, with bullion, not celleon insignia would be my first choice, followed by a Heer general's cap, post 1942, also with bullion insignia.

BobS

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast