Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

What is your Holy Grail? (Cloth Headgear Only!)

Article about: This would be a close 2nd to the Reichsleiter I posted: A KM Admiral White-top made of doeskin wool: (If I had to guess, I would say it is probably an Erel)

Default Re: What is your Holy Grail? (Cloth Headgear Only!)

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Truth be told, I have no caps which were the property of III. Reich personages. Nor do I aspire to own anything of this kind.
    My apologies. I was more or less commenting on the quality of your collection.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)
    P
    Many

Dinkel was described to me as being a war criminal, but had actually been associated with the Catholic church and had a political career in the FRG, so the story about him was hooey in the first place. The SS was highly anti Catholic, so I cannot square the two issues, but the evidence of his earlier role comes from a real source and not gun show lore.
    I am pretty skeptical of the personality research I have seen done for many SS items especially by certain sources in the U.S. for profit. In the main, it is often very flawed, and I say this because I am a professional historian and know my way around Nazi documentary sources.

- - Updated - -

Quote by aurelius180 View Post
    My apologies. I was more or less commenting on the quality of your collection.
    Thank you. No need to apologize. It is a hobby horse of mine that I am very content with average objects that are authentic.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-08-2013 at 06:18 PM.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Mr. Doug B's cap is a favorite of mine.
    Thank you F-B, these early caps are iconic. My compliments on your selection of Grails!

?

My grail cap would be any type of ss visor. Its just the prices on these things are crazy! I just want one to display next to the dagger.
    Ryan

OK...OK...Well... A Waffen SS officer TRUE Alter Art with PZ Grenadier piping ha ha !

CBH
    ?

An SS officers crusher , or anything from FB's collection would be wonderful !

?

Any ROA or Cossack cap will do. Not a rebadged cap from the 70s or 90s etc, but a true worn cap from these important historical units.

For me a cap from a private is just as "valuable" as an officer cap. Only genuine items makes my heart tick alittle faster. But i dont judge a hat that has been tortured for the last 70 or so years, i would very happily take care of them as well while i am here on this planet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)   What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)  

What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)
    Quote by CBH View Post
    An SS officers crusher , or anything from FB's collection would be wonderful !
    Your time is coming.

Hi

Changed my mind..........can I have another go ?

Dear Santa,

I would like a nice 1934 pattern officer field cap with field grey cloth cap band and the wreath embroidered straight onto it.

thanks you

Tony
    age 45

p.s. any piping will do !

Quote by spandau View Post
    Hi

Changed my mind..........can I have another go ?

Dear Santa,

I would like a nice 1934 pattern officer field cap with field grey cloth cap band and the wreath embroidered straight onto it.

thanks you

Tony
    age 45

p.s. any piping will do !
    You have very refined taste. Bravo.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast