Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

What is your Holy Grail? (Cloth Headgear Only!)

Article about: This would be a close 2nd to the Reichsleiter I posted: A KM Admiral White-top made of doeskin wool: (If I had to guess, I would say it is probably an Erel)

Default Re: What is your Holy Grail? (Cloth Headgear Only!)

FB, your black uniforms are simply outstanding. I never tire of viewing your photos. I can't say I'm really into visor caps, as much as I am steel helmets, but if I had to pick a cap it would be one of yours. I hope we younger, less experienced collectors are not letting you down after all the work, time and money you have invested in your collection.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)
    P
    Many

Quote by DougB View Post
    Thank you F-B, these early caps are iconic. My compliments on your selection of Grails!
    Thank you. Your collection does lead the pack, though.

Quote by helmetone View Post
    FB, your black uniforms are simply outstanding. I never tire of viewing your photos. I can't say I'm really into visor caps, as much as I am steel helmets, but if I had to pick a cap it would be one of yours. I hope we younger, less experienced collectors are not letting you down after all the work, time and money you have invested in your collection.
    Thank you. My photos are for you to view. Eventually this material will pass to the younger cohort, though my ambition is that it return to Germany.

What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)The greatest treasure I have invested is time, that is, about four decades.
    The successful collector invests the effort to learn via real means versus the point and click claptrap that afflicts too many minds which are incapable of the discipline and subtlety that the past requires......and, the real collector learns about the context of these items in some depth.

?

FB has thee best SS cap collection I know of and each of his caps are a holy grail in my eyes. I dont think I could ever pick one and I dont think I could ever afford one, unless FB wants to do a layaway plan with 20euro a month for 20 years.

But seeing your caps FB is the real treat. Sometimes having un-named caps is better, now you can just let your imagination run wild on who it could have belonged to.

What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)
    What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)

P.s. Thaks Ullstein bild for their exceptional photos. One of the best places for historical photos.

I'm with you Patrick. I may need quite the lay away plan, but it would be worth the wait. Just to hold one would be a thrill.

As for me, it would be this one . . .

Cheers from the Polish section,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Why is that soldat wearing a rogatywka?!

We call them "September souvenirs", referring of course to "Fall Weiss", the 1939 invasion of Poland.

One more picture and then let's steer this thread back on course! (my apolgies to Mr. stonemint)

What is your Holy Grail?  (Cloth Headgear Only!)
    Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

The Polish Czapka pictures are very interesting. I have several of these given to me by my Polish students, but they are modern.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast