Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

What's this ?? need some help on this one please

Article about: This one came in as Stahlhelmbund but it is not...... I thought of Zoll ( customs ) but there are no signs of a large customs wreath being there , just a single cockade , and the Zoll green

DRK
    ?

Default What's this ?? need some help on this one please

This one came in as Stahlhelmbund but it is not......
    I thought of Zoll ( customs ) but there are no signs of a large customs wreath being there , just a single cockade , and the Zoll green is much darker.....

I also thought of early Forst ( forestry ) but Forst visors have 2 rings of green piping , they lack the bottom ring piping..... also , the color of the green cap band and the piping is too light for Forst......

Appreciate any help , thanks

Theo

What's this ??  need some help on this one pleaseWhat's this ??  need some help on this one please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What's this ??  need some help on this one please
    P
    Many

No, in the regulations - and I mean all of them - they only mention a crown-piping,
    being in the same color as the cap band for forestry visored caps! The cap band
    here is just sewn over. Maybe it is the light when photographed that makes the
    colors so green.

What's this ??  need some help on this one please
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What's this ??  need some help on this one please  

Theo, I agree with Wim--better pics in natural light would help.

Any signs of prior insignia such as an eagle, or extra holes in the pasteboard?
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

DRK
    ?

Wim , Chris..... I just took some pictures outside in normal daylight..... no bright sun , no flash from the camera just normal daylight...

@Chris : no extra holes ( only some small moth holes.. ) , the only thing sittin' on the cap band is the cockade.....
    When I bought the visor it had a Stahlhelm insignia pinned on the front and an early political eagle (m29) with broken prongs.....

What's this ??  need some help on this one pleaseWhat's this ??  need some help on this one pleaseWhat's this ??  need some help on this one pleaseWhat's this ??  need some help on this one pleaseWhat's this ??  need some help on this one pleaseWhat's this ??  need some help on this one please

I agree, that is a light green--almost a Kelly-green.

DRK
    ?

Nobody an idea from which organization this visor is ?

DRK
    ?

After further "investigation" I found that there are 3 empty holes at the front of the visor !!!
    These holes are exactly the 3 pinholes for a large (56mm) state eagle !!! ( look at the 3 red circles ).

The small political eagle that was on the visor when I bought it ,had one broken prong and it was hanging loose in one hole in the front seam ( blue circle ).

So it's clear to me that there once was a large state eagle on this visor and that "somebody" ( who didn't know what kind of visor this is ) made a Stahlhelmbund visor out of it...... just "presuming" it was Stahlhelmbund.....

I also added a picture the way I bought the visor......

Theo

What's this ??  need some help on this one pleaseWhat's this ??  need some help on this one please

And the way I bought it :

What's this ??  need some help on this one please

I agree, not Stahlhelmbund, either--I think we are going to have to put it in the "mystery visor" category for the time being....