Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

When I feel a bit down..

Article about: For Pat, My two pocket watches. The larger silver pocket watch is my own personal watch that I use on more important occasions - it is German made, probably made in the late 19th Century - t

KSH
    ?

Default Re: When I feel a bit down..

For Pat,

My two pocket watches. The larger silver pocket watch is my own personal watch that I use on more important occasions - it is German made, probably made in the late 19th Century - the chain is probably from the mid 19th Century. I really like those old key-winds. It still runs perfectly. The smaller watch is a watch made for ladies, dated 1911.

When I feel a bit down..

For F-B, some more SS-photos, most of them connected to Haus Wachenfeld from the same album (all photos date from 1933):

When I feel a bit down..When I feel a bit down..When I feel a bit down..When I feel a bit down..When I feel a bit down..

Look closely at the uniform combinations on this photo and you will see something interesting, nicht wahr?

When I feel a bit down..

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth
    Last edited by KSH; 07-24-2021 at 03:48 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement When I feel a bit down..
    P
    Many

Thank you very much. These are intriguing images, especially since the guards at the Berghof are not the Leibstandarte, and the marching column has SS men in the black tunic with the kepi, as well, which is intriguing. Thanks very much.

KSH
    ?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Thank you very much. These are intriguing images, especially since the guards at the Berghof are not the Leibstandarte, and the marching column has SS men in the black tunic with the kepi, as well, which is intriguing. Thanks very much.
    You are of course spot on here F-B, the guards are in fact from Allgemeine-SS Standarte 34 - my photos prove that in the immediate beginning of the Third Reich Hitler was guarded (at least in Obersalzberg) by regular SS and not the LAH.

Also in the transitional photo you can see "brown-shirts" wearing the new schwarze Schirmmütze.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth
    Last edited by KSH; 07-24-2021 at 03:48 PM.

Thank you. Very interesting material, indeed. I cannot recall when the LAH cuff title was unveiled, but plainly this all is earlier. Very nice and the image of the guzzling personage is a useful corrective to the propaganda pictures.

?

Well Christmas must be here for I have the flu and feel like poo!

This cheered me up though when I watched it the other evening, the discovery of a 1935 Mercedes 500K.
    Chasing Classic Cars: 7 Historic Cars from Cadillac to Mercedes : Video : Velocity Channel

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Well Christmas must be here for I have the flu and feel like poo!

This cheered me up though when I watched it the other evening, the discovery of a 1935 Mercedes 500K.
    Chasing Classic Cars: 7 Historic Cars from Cadillac to Mercedes : Video : Velocity Channel
    One can find such things in California, especially in Santa Barbara. I rather liked the dame, though, the flirty, sexy California voice giggling over money. I know it well, believe me. In the 1960s such Mercedes cars were quite cheap, actually when the dollar was 4 marks. I can recall seeing a 540 K hereabouts in the early 1970s, and it was not accorded much attention.
    Times change and tastes are transformed with them. If this Santa Barbara man was easily able to buy things of value in the FRG of the 1950s, then he made a killing. My father bought a 1959 356 A Porsche new at the time for the staggering price of 5,000 dollars. His fortune ebbed thereafter and he added STP to the oil, which shellacked the cylinder walls and cooked the engine, apparently. STP ryhmes with STD, but no one alive now probably recalls STP.
    Long ago and far away. When I think of it, though, likely the blonde is more trouble than keeping up the 500 K Mercedes. I miss my 1979 240D. It was a wonderful car and I gave it to an ex girl friend, and she wrecked it. She too had a giggly, sexy voice when it came to money and fortune, which she never could keep herself and knew how to spend in the pockets of others, with great speed.When I feel a bit down..When I feel a bit down..When I feel a bit down..When I feel a bit down..When I feel a bit down..When I feel a bit down..When I feel a bit down..When I feel a bit down..When I feel a bit down..When I feel a bit down..When I feel a bit down..When I feel a bit down..When I feel a bit down..
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-15-2011 at 03:08 AM.

?

Quote by benvk View Post
    music is the key. I loved this band the moment i first heard them. Funny story, my neighbour is a 70 year old irish woman and for last christmas i bought her this band's debut album. I didn't realise the lyrics were "i really ****ed it up this time" !! Oops!

youtube - mumford and sons - little lion man
    great song!!!

?

Tracy Chapman - Fast Car - YouTube
    I love classic Jags, they are just so pretty....
    When I feel a bit down..When I feel a bit down..When I feel a bit down..When I feel a bit down..When I feel a bit down..When I feel a bit down..

regards,
    Patrick

The 540K is nice, but I have always been partial to the Horch 855:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture When I feel a bit down..   When I feel a bit down..  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Wow, what a stunning car!

Young Pat mentioned that he likes Jaguars. The closest I ever got to a true barn find was when my Mum moved into a new house about 15 years ago. The old lady that used to live there had died and the property sold. In the lock up shed at the back of the house was a Jaguar Mk2 3.8 Litre Saloon totaly untouched since the early 70's. I tried really hard to buy it but in the end, the son of the old girl finaly turned up to get his share of the estate and sold the Jag to some dodgy car dealership for peanuts.

Cars and foetid woolens sometimes have a similar story!
    Attached Images Attached Images When I feel a bit down.. 

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast