Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Wilson Center on line headwear extravaganza

Article about: Feeling a bit mischievous today so... Here's a scary thought, in the light of your honesty Ben, perhaps we should start a " I can't believe I bought this" thread....that'll sort ou

Default Re: Wilson Center on line headwear extravaganza

Feeling a bit mischievous today so...

Here's a scary thought, in the light of your honesty Ben, perhaps we should start a " I can't believe I bought this" thread....that'll sort out the men from the boys....ha,ha

Kind of a militaria game of chicken !

cheers

tony

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wilson Center on line headwear extravaganza
    P
    Many

?

Sounds like a fun idea! go for it, I've already started the ball rolling so to speak.

Ok Ben,

Here we go.....................

This was the third cap I ever bought and is a KM (naval) white top for NCO's.

I thought it was the bees knees for a little while...................then I learnt some more and looked again and result was that "sinking" feeling
    of as Homer would say doh !

Now a happy re-enactor wears it whilst pretending to float on land.............

Anyone, Please feel free to point out why it's not a good one. Sorry this is the only picture i could find the rest have been destryed to protect the stupid (aka me).

cheers

tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wilson Center on line headwear extravaganza  

?

Was it Bundesmarine?

It sure was !

Here's another cracker.

ALKERO made gebirgsjager cap....................always had a funny feeling about the peak being a bit "plastic" but was convinced in the end to buy it. Should have gone with gut feeling but suckered by a low price........sound familiar ?

Learnt more and then found out the germans made caps in the 1960's ...............oh dear.

Wilson Center on line headwear extravaganzaWilson Center on line headwear extravaganza

Tony, don't feel bad (or alone). Thousands have been burned by re-badged BRD caps. Most of these "WH-GJ" visors are simply West German Police NCO Visors which have been re-badged.

Here is one on Ebay right now, posing as a TR Zollbeamte visor (Clemens Wagner did not use "Clewa" until after the war):
    Attached Images Attached Images Wilson Center on line headwear extravaganza  Wilson Center on line headwear extravaganza 
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Cheers Chris,

I feel so much better knowing it not just me.....................

That customs one is a cracker.....so easy to get caught. Hopefully people will learn from our mistakes and God save this forum !

Got to say even now I need a double take some times to spot the wheat from the chaff.

Here's an early learning curve from my early collecting days a luftwaffe officers (well nearly).

Wilson Center on line headwear extravaganzaWilson Center on line headwear extravaganza

Points for those who can spot the obvious..................cause back in the day I didn't

cheers

tony

?

I think the visor underneath should be green.

Cheers, Patrick

Wilson Center on line headwear extravaganzaWilson Center on line headwear extravaganzaWilson Center on line headwear extravaganzaWilson Center on line headwear extravaganzaWilson Center on line headwear extravaganzaWilson Center on line headwear extravaganzaWilson Center on line headwear extravaganzaWilson Center on line headwear extravaganzaWilson Center on line headwear extravaganzaWilson Center on line headwear extravaganzaWilson Center on line headwear extravaganzaShould not these nice exponats be their own thread?

I have not kept my stinkers, nor photographed them, but I had several.

All too droll.

Maybe what I think is real is, in fact, fake?

Maybe.....?

Also, I want to re state to Ben that, while it is sad about the lousy field cap, it is hardly surprising. I find these caps especially odd and vexing in the too hard column.

You have too much to offer us all even if you have a set back.

God knows, in 45 years, I have made multiple mistakes, and some costly.

Character, intellect and above all, the will to form a great collection are paramount.

- - Updated - -

Quote by spandau View Post
    It sure was !
    Bundesmarine caps are not especially common, actually.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast