Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WW2 German Cavalry Visor - please help!

Article about: Hi there gents, could you please assist me in authenticating this German visor? Im curious on the maker and it looks mid to late war. I would really appreciate your valuable opinions. Attach

Quote by vanheerden01 View Post
    Wow, you have an amazing collection. I am passionate about history and it has brought me to this hobby. ...and yes where there is one, more will follow :-)
    You and I both. It has been my bad habit for a long time. It surely has some deep Freudian meaning associated with trouble families, I imagine.
    Happy collecting and good luck. Are these things found on their own in South Africa? Or were they also souvenirs for those who fought on
    the Commonwealth side? I should know, but I do not. I own some of these, and I have a contingent of army caps, because I like
    them, too. But I collect black SS peaked caps and some grey ones, too.

- - ------- - -

Also, for the full membership, you can look at thousands of images of other caps in detail.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 German Cavalry Visor - please help!
    P
    Many

Thank you stonemint

I have bought 2 decent sidecaps recently from a veteran that fought on the Allied side. Otherwise the WW2 Axis headgear are really becoming hens teeth in our country. Just crazy difficult to find. I think the difficult hobbies are the most interesting ones for sure. Im amazed at the quality of your headgear - Big buck items that’s for sure.
    Last edited by vanheerden01; 05-26-2018 at 07:10 AM.

vh--
    Here are some other real ones.
    I will add yours to this thread when I return from Pomona.

WH-Cavalry Visors
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Awesome stonemint, thanks

Quote by vanheerden01 View Post
    I have bought 2 decent sidecaps recently from a veteran that fought on the Allied side. Otherwise the German stuff is really becoming hens teeth in this country. Just crazy difficult to find. I think the difficult hobbies are the most interesting ones for sure. Im amazed at the quality of your SS stuff - Big bucks that’s for sure!
    Thanks. None of this was ever really very cheap. If you even look at lists from the 1950s, it was costly then, too.
    I started collecting in the 1960s. I was young and it was expensive. Now I am old and it is more expensive.
    Good luck. Via this site you can easily and safely find nice things from some good people. We work
    at enforcing a community of some civility, but it is an uphill struggle.

Good day Stonement and hope you are well. Please find newer photos of my Cavalry Visor photographed with and without flash. As discussed please post these in your Cavalry tread for research purposes. This might be a nice addition as it's sporting black paint under the visor.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 German Cavalry Visor - please help!   WW2 German Cavalry Visor - please help!  

WW2 German Cavalry Visor - please help!   WW2 German Cavalry Visor - please help!  

WW2 German Cavalry Visor - please help!   WW2 German Cavalry Visor - please help!  

WW2 German Cavalry Visor - please help!  

?

Just be aware of high quality replicas everywhere these days. If possible try to take outside, daylight pictures of anything you are interested in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2