Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 German Police Hat

Article about: Hello I ran across this police hat for sale online, I was wondering if it looks good to you & what one might to expect to pay for it? Sorry for the bad picks that is all I could get at t

?

Default WW2 German Police Hat

Hello
    I ran across this police hat for sale online, I was wondering if it looks good to you & what one might to expect to pay for it? Sorry for the bad picks that is all I could get at this time!

Thanks a lot!
    Curt
    Attached Images Attached Images WW2 German Police Hat  WW2 German Police Hat  WW2 German Police Hat  WW2 German Police Hat  WW2 German Police Hat  WW2 German Police Hat  WW2 German Police Hat  WW2 German Police Hat  WW2 German Police Hat 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 German Police Hat
    P
    Many

DRK
    ?

Looks like an early Weimar police Shako manufactured by Hans Römer from Neu Ulm ( there's an early Römer stamp inside ).
    These early examples had 1 air vent on each side , the later , wartime models had 2 air vents on each side.....
    These early black shako's were mainly used by the Hilfspolizei.....
    Only thing missing is the cockade....

Theo

WW2 German Police Hat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 German Police Hat  

?

Theo thanks for the fast reply, I had no idea about the time period of the headgear its making for some fun research!

Thanks Again
    Curt

Hi

Theo has nailed it with his analysis but please note these shakos were made well into the 1960's for the police so beware as they are sometimes badged up or third reich.

Just a word of caution..............always worth checking here before you buy.

cheers

Tony

it would have also been used in the NSDAP period.

?

Hello thanks for looking at my post again. I ran across this Cockade today. Does it look correct for my helmet & if possible the year it was made?

Thank you very much!
    Curt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 German Police Hat