Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Yes, Virginia, They Did (and Do) Make Fakes of Common Visors

Article about: I had someone recently tell me that they never made fakes of common visors. I wish it were so. While there are plenty of reproductions on the market, there were (and are) fakes made of commo

Great post!! Thanks Regards,Geoff

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Yes, Virginia, They Did (and Do) Make Fakes of Common Visors
    P
    Many

High-end fake August Muller Infantry in doeskin:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Yes, Virginia, They Did (and Do) Make Fakes of Common Visors   Yes, Virginia, They Did (and Do) Make Fakes of Common Visors  

Yes, Virginia, They Did (and Do) Make Fakes of Common Visors   Yes, Virginia, They Did (and Do) Make Fakes of Common Visors  

Yes, Virginia, They Did (and Do) Make Fakes of Common Visors   Yes, Virginia, They Did (and Do) Make Fakes of Common Visors  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

It is uncommon to find WH Artillery Altestes, but here is one.
    Arty visors are common today, they were even more so back in the 1960s, so one would ask, "why bother", but they did.
    This hat is now 50+ years old--remove the sweatdiamond, and it would fool 99% of dealers today.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Yes, Virginia, They Did (and Do) Make Fakes of Common Visors   Yes, Virginia, They Did (and Do) Make Fakes of Common Visors  

Yes, Virginia, They Did (and Do) Make Fakes of Common Visors  

TWS
    ?

Great thread. Very useful. Reaching way back to previous comments from a few years ago, but the only use of pinking shears I am comfortable with is on medal bar assemblies. I have a couple examples whereby the jeweler assembling the medal bar used pinking shears on the back side of the ribbons. Any use I see on a hat or a uniform clothing article is a strong yellow if not a red flag for me.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Todd, I agree. One will see pinking sheared finishes to medal bars and some tunics.
    To this day I still have yet to find an original visor with a pinking-sheared lining (and no one else I know has found one either).

This is postwar, and technically not a fake, but a reproduction.
    It is a WH Infantry Officer visor made by Pekuro after 1945 for stage/film use.
    The only major differences between wartime and postwar are the grommets and the plastic sweatdiamond (the eagle is late-war EM/NCO quality, and was probably added after being retailed):

Even the Latvian fakers faked WH Infty EM/NCO caps--this one is for sale on the 'bay right now:

WW2 WWII GERMAN ARMY NCO's VISOR HAT CAP, WITH LIGHT GREEN PIPING.SZ 59. | eBay
    Attached Images Attached Images Yes, Virginia, They Did (and Do) Make Fakes of Common Visors  Yes, Virginia, They Did (and Do) Make Fakes of Common Visors  Yes, Virginia, They Did (and Do) Make Fakes of Common Visors  Yes, Virginia, They Did (and Do) Make Fakes of Common Visors 

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5