Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1923 Gau Commemorative Badge

Article about: How about this one: germany reich iii. general gau honor badge. 1923. very good reproduction of the 70-80 years | 21919763 | Military - Medal Replicas

Smile 1923 Gau Commemorative Badge

Hello everybody, your dog walker here...While I was visiting my parents in Wyoming this past week, we came upon a 1923 Gau Badge (Silver Version) I know it is not a fake because it has been in the family since the war, and my parents would have no idea how to acquire a replica. I finally conviced them to store it in the gun safe instead out in the barn, jeeze! Anyways, I'm interested to hear your opinions on it, and what would something like this be worth? From what I've found, it is very rare and there is not alot of information available. Don't worry, its obviously not for sale, so we can be honest, ha ha. Hope you enjoy! In return for helping to identify it, I was "awarded" a really nice pair of Luftwaffe Administrator collar tabs...will post pix soon!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1923 Gau Commemorative Badge   1923 Gau Commemorative Badge  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1923 Gau Commemorative Badge
    P
    Many

OKW
    ?

Default Re: 1923 Gau Commemorative Badge

Can't help you with the badge, but what else is in the barn if a pair of tabs can be produced just like that!

Smile Re: 1923 Gau Commemorative Badge

There was also a EK 2nd class, 2 RAD Tinnies, an unidentified ribbon (brown with slim white stripes), some sort of 1933 Seefahrt aluminum pin depicting a ship with sails, a party badge, an RAD cap insignia device, some sort of Aachen 1937 pin, German ammo pouches stamped Lubeck, and an E tool pouch, stamped Lubeck...iThere is also a K98 w/ multiple National Eagles, and an Italian bolt action rifle w/ folding bayonette...can't remember the model off hand. I am going to send them a nice display case for the medals...god only knows what other treasures are out there, haha!

Everything should be brought out of the barn !

Yeah, no kidding. Thats all of the German stuff that was acquired during the war. There's alot of "Old West" artifacts from my great grandparents still, but I dont know much about it. What gets me is that I can't hardly google any information about that badge. I still wonder if it has anything to do with the failed Beerhall Putsch, or with Hitler and the others that were sentenced to prison. I would also like to know how many of the silver version were given out. I've emailed a couple of well known collectors around the country, but have had only one reply, and he didn't have much info either. I put it in the "Whatzit" in Military Trader, hoping somebody will have some more information. Hell of a find, all I can say.

You are right about it commemorating the Putsch.
    Only made in .800 oxidized silver.........

All that other neat stuff should be brought out of the barn ! ! !
    a tidy sum in there !

Stormtrooper
    ?

I'd say around $2,000.00 for the Gau Badge. Check out Emedals.com, I think thay they have one for sale. Stormtrooper

Thanks Storm, I just checked out that site, they do have another one on there! You are right, the starting bid on it was $2000. Thats the only example of a 1923 I've seen for sale, I saw a 1925 version that sold on Third Reich Depot.com for $2900.00 I believe. Thanks you guys, we are getting warmer!

Quote by Reich Dog Walker View Post
    Hello everybody, your dog walker here...While I was visiting my parents in Wyoming this past week, we came upon a 1923 Gau Badge (Silver Version). Anyways, I'm interested to hear your opinions on it, and what would something like this be worth?
    From the pictures I'd say it's genuine in good condition. Better pictures would be helpful. Looking to acquire one.

Thanks! Good luck finding one, I have had a hard time finding any for sale (for my own reference)...I would like to get a fake one just for display reasons (cos it looks cool, and could tell the story about the original back home) but can't even seem to find one of those...saw a 1925 copy awhile back, but can't remember where...And I thought fakes and copys were supposed to be plentiful and easily obtained!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast