Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1990 displays

Article about: as my nva soldier torso display is drawing to a close ,i thought id start a couple more work in progress torso displays ,as a 16 year old in the late 1980's its a time period that sticks mos

Default 1990's displays

as my nva soldier torso display is drawing to a close ,i thought id start a couple more work in progress torso displays ,as a 16 year old in the late 1980's its a time period that sticks most vividly in my mind ,,the fall of the berlin wall ,the nva's absorbtion into the west german bundeswehr and of course operation desert storm , im basing the american trooper on desert shield ,the build up to the first gulf war ,ive gone for the woodland m81 pattern bdu and helmet cover and so far have added a first pattern m88 load bearing vest ,i know the choc chip pattern bdu is more commonly associated with the first gulf war but took some time to filter through to the troops i even believe the nbc suits were also in woodland pattern and the bdu's worn by the 82nd airborne division 1990 displays1990 displays1990 displays1990 displays
    Last edited by James C; 09-07-2013 at 12:31 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1990 displays
    P
    Many

?

That's a pretty neat collection! Awesome job on the display.

Impressive collection and very well displayed too mate, great stuff!

?

Excellent collection James.. love the American guy/dummy.....What you need now is a British 1990s guy!!! lol Cheers Terry.

?

Excellent display.
    Ive always liked the look and versatility of the old/traditional 'Woodland' camo jacket.
    The 'Flecktarn' is a very nice looking camo as well.
    Last edited by Scout; 09-07-2013 at 06:38 PM.

Those boys look like real bad arses all dressed up with no war to go,hope no one stays at your place and stumbles across these in the dead of nightnice display James all the flecktarn stuff you have is very cool indeed mate............Jake.

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Those boys look like real bad arses all dressed up with no war to go,hope no one stays at your place and stumbles across these in the dead of nightnice display James all the flecktarn stuff you have is very cool indeed mate............Jake.
    Exactly what I was thinking!
    A bugglar in that house is in for a bad momment!
    ;-)
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

thanks guys for the nice compliments ,there's still a lot of tweaking to be done and more bits to add as i can afford them if only i had the room for full size displays ,i will be adding bdu trousers too but only to have the complete uniform ,from what referance pictures ive seen the coalition forces used a mixed bag of woodland and desert fatigues ,and i also believe the us lbv is a common upgrade for british troops , terry the thought had crossed my mind too on a brit display never say never

Another great display mate, i'm surprised how hard it is to get hold of 1st gulf war era "chocolate chip" camo!...

cheers paul ,yes your right ,theres a lot of commercial stuff out there so buyer beware , im really fond of the 6 colour choc chip pattern ,the later three colour doesnt appeal to me but there seems to be plenty knocking about

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast