Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Animals at War - Carrier Pigeons, War dogs, Cavalry, etc - Reference thread - What have you got?

Article about: I love the pigeon display mate, really great stuff!

Default Re: Animals at War - Carrier Pigeons, War dogs, Cavalry, etc - Reference thread - What have you got?

I love the pigeon display mate, really great stuff!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Animals at War - Carrier Pigeons, War dogs, Cavalry, etc - Reference thread - What have you got?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Animals at War - Carrier Pigeons, War dogs, Cavalry, etc - Reference thread - What have you got?

The pidgeon display is outstanding.
    Great work.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

?

Wonderful thread, very interesting indeed. I wonder what would happen to the Para Pigeon if the reserve was deployed?

Also the dogs, last pic, the dog on the right. Is that the canine equivalent of a 1000yd stare?

Best Regards,

Andy

Edit: Doggie stare.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Animals at War - Carrier Pigeons, War dogs, Cavalry, etc - Reference thread - What have you got?  
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    Wonderful thread, very interesting indeed. I wonder what would happen to the Para Pigeon if the reserve was deployed?

Also the dogs, last pic, the dog on the right. Is that the canine equivalent of a 1000yd stare?

Best Regards,

Andy

I doubt if many had a chance to use their reserve chutes, but if they did I suspect they'd get a face full of pigeon if this wartime picture is anything to go by!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Animals at War - Carrier Pigeons, War dogs, Cavalry, etc - Reference thread - What have you got?  

I know I said that animals were often forgotten about, but does nobody have anything!
    Surely the Germans had a belt buckle or cap for a dog handler or horse groom? (They seem to have one for every other branch of the military and beyond!). Do none of relic collectors have a rusty horse shoe from Russia? Any of the medal collectors a Dickin medal? Any of Allied collectors a dog parachute (ParaData | A living history of the Parachute Regiment and Airborne Forces) or horse gas mask?

Although I collect WW2 militaria below is a link to a piece of WW1 history I wouldn't mind owning!

Tortoise brought back in soldier's kitbag from Gallipoli almost 100 years ago is looking for new owner | Mail Online
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Animals at War - Carrier Pigeons, War dogs, Cavalry, etc - Reference thread - What have you got?   Animals at War - Carrier Pigeons, War dogs, Cavalry, etc - Reference thread - What have you got?  

Animals at War - Carrier Pigeons, War dogs, Cavalry, etc - Reference thread - What have you got?  

?

Here's one from my collection.....

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Here's one from my collection.....
    Do you know what these dogs were used for? The 'rolls' on their backs are interesting

German Ration-Card For Dogs...
    Attached Images Attached Images Animals at War - Carrier Pigeons, War dogs, Cavalry, etc - Reference thread - What have you got? 

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    German Ration-Card For Dogs...

That's what I'm talking about Thank you!

This is really cool stuff.
    chris

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast