Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

Article about: Hi Ian, Thank you for your message and comments. Yes, I think that what you say about the bag is correct but I stand to be corrected if anyone knows better?? Have you got anything to show? I

Michael, is your flag pole top made of a plastic-like material? If so, it is an authentic example which was produced for the German military while they occupied France. In fact, I'm sure it is. Very nice piece, as well one which is not encountered too often.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"
    P
    Many

Hi Again, Some more oddities from my junk room which I hope you find interesting. Please feel free to pass comments, opinions and to show us some of you oddities!!
    Cheers Michael R

Item 1. A Blue flat box with DIY insert cut to accommodate a Cuff Title and other bits. The lid has a very faded SS helmet decal. The one great pitty is that there is only 1 epaulette. A verteran's momentos??

Item 2. Is what I beleive to be an Imperial Prussian Reichbann carriage plate. But, I stand to be corrected if I have got it wrong. Please comment!!

Item 3. An Imperial Bavarian commemorative photograph frame in cast iron. I asume that this was kept in commemoration of a casualty??

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

Hi, An item that I aquired whilst on a vist to Kerkrade in Holland. The guy I bought it from said that he had found it in a bunker on the border whilst metal detacting for battlefield relics. He had a loft full of gear including a Stemgewehr still eith ammo fuzed into the mag and no end of "live" ammo. I would not want to live next door to him in case his house went bang! Again, your comments and opinions are welcome.
    Regards and best wishes Michael R

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

Why would a German Tombstone be in a bunker? That's odd and disturbing....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Dont feel too bad about the dud 'SS' marked bottle.

You can get a period marked Carlsberg bottle though unintentionally marked with a symbol associated with the TR
    Attached Images Attached Images "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera" 

Whilst stationed at RAF Stafford many years ago, we had a civilian driver who was in the Army during the war. In 1945/46, he was attached to a body recovery unit and went out with a small unit comprising an officer and some squaddies in a truck and a jeep. Their duties included investigating and enquiries around the area they were based for random graves both Allied and Axis. I recall him telling me that the remains were bagged and taged along with personal posetions and tags etc. and that any unwanted items, markers and bits of kit were either thrown into the hole or otherwise disposed of. I would assume the latter in the case of this marker, ergo it was thrown into a bunker??? Who knows but judging by the many and varied "found" and "dug" items in his loft, that he was telling the truth and that the marker is original??

Hope this is of interest if a bit disturbing.

Thank you for your comments and I hope that my response makes sense.

Hi Scout, I have been collecting since Noah predicted a downpour! But I still get caught! Thank you for your coments and photo.
    Regards MR

?

yeah, many of us have been fooled by fakes at some point in time.

Hi All, An item of interest for your perusal and comments etc. The item is a bit of SS Trench Art in the form of an early SS belt buckle
    converted into what appears to be a wristlet. My assumption is that the buckle is original and that the conversion is contemporary with the WW2 period?? Your opinions and comments are invited.

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

Hi All, An item I aquired in Plymouth some years back. It appears to be an Imperial Picklehaube plate that the last owner decided to use as a wall plaque. Although not realy a conventional modification, I feel that the guy did a superior job both of the plaque, the shield and the mounting and has turned the plate into quite a nice wall piece?? Your comments please.
    Cheers Michael R

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast