Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

Article about: Hi Ian, Thank you for your message and comments. Yes, I think that what you say about the bag is correct but I stand to be corrected if anyone knows better?? Have you got anything to show? I

Hi Kirby, Thank you for your support and for showing one of the most unusual items that I have ever seen!! I wonder if they caught up with him before the end of the war or if he made a clean get away??
    Cheers Michael R

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"
    P
    Many

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"Hi All, Am I and one or two others the only nutters on this forum who fly off at tangents and collect all sorts of odds and ends?? If the answer is yes then so be it, but if there are other "nutters" out there, then please feel free to join us by showing your odds and ends!!

This offering is a selection of pics of a pair of Bunnies ears and a wall sign in black and white enameling. Any comments either positive or (constructive) negative are welcome.
    Regards and best wishes Michael R

Attachment 648454Attachment 648455Attachment 648453Attachment 648456Attachment 648462Attachment 648461Attachment 648463Attachment 648465Attachment 648464
    Last edited by Michael Ryan; 02-21-2014 at 09:32 PM.

Hi Anyone out there!!!!! A couple more odd bits to view for anyone interested. The second item was an Isle of White buy from a few years back. It is a water or coffee jug in what appears to be plated brass with an Imperial Crowned Eagle so probably pre 1918. I would imagine that it was been liberated from a hotel or restraunt??

The first item is a work joinery art in my opinion. An ammunition case with metal handles, hinges, liner, locking clips and corner guards. The woodwork construction is excellent and the whole box is of a very high quality. I can not help but think that compaired to a British Ammo case doing the job, this German case is very much over engineered and in relative terms must have been a very expencive "box" to produce. None-the-less, a nice bit of field equipage
    Your comments on either/both items are most welcome.

Cheers Michael R

ATTACH=CONFIG]650437[/ATTACH]"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"  

michael i for one am interested and i doubt im on my own ,can i say you really are a dark horse ,you have an endless supply of beautifull militaria to share ,i love the fact you dont put all your cards on the table at once,so to speak ,you are a valued member here and its always a pleasure to view your superb collection ,i look forward to more

Quote by James C View Post
    michael i for one am interested and i doubt im on my own ,can i say you really are a dark horse ,you have an endless supply of beautifull militaria to share ,i love the fact you dont put all your cards on the table at once,so to speak ,you are a valued member here and its always a pleasure to view your superb collection ,i look forward to more
    I'll second that!...

James, Bless you for your kind words!!! It is/they are appeciated!! It is not a case of being a dark horse Nay!! Well perhaps just a little bit. I would not want, especially given that I am relatvely new to the furum, to be seen as a smart a__ or a braggard so I just blunder through my bits and pull anything that I think may be of interest or that I would hope to get advice on. It also gives me an excuse to drag out long unseen items that I have stashed away. So "showing" is, for me, a double edged sword in so much as I get pleasure from digging out, photographing and showing my bits and most importantly, judging by the kind and informative comments that i get from people like yourself and the number of hits I get, it also gives a bit of pleasure and information to our members and guests. God, I do waffle on!!!
    Cheers Michael

PS, What part of Cymru??

- - ------- - -

Hi Gunny, Thank you also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Michael

gogledd cymru michael ,you really do have some treasures to share for sure .ill look forward to your updates best regards james

?

An other support from me.
    A box of cast iron - made by the still existing Lauchhammer Company.
    These boxes were 1935 the awarded price for the second winners of the "Deutschlandflug".
    A group of pilots from Stuttgart.
    I baught it together with a ring (my collceting area).
    Sorry the not so good black-White pics:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"   "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"  

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Awesome horn. As a trumpet player I'd love to get a hold of something like this.

Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast