Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

Article about: Hi Ian, Thank you for your message and comments. Yes, I think that what you say about the bag is correct but I stand to be corrected if anyone knows better?? Have you got anything to show? I

?

Much thanks for explaining!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"
    P
    Many

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    ------------------*HPL info striking a perfect balance of useful info with a dash of sarcasm - as usual------------------------*
    Thanks, HPL.
    Excellent info as usual.
    Of course an early German Google search engine!

By coincidence, I touched upon the DDAC in the below thread, but didnt make the connection:
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/art-d...plaque-268675/

Hi Dan, A tree hammer?? I did not know that such things existed!! Brilliant. So how does it work?? Set the number and whack the tree?? It most certainly conforms with the "Odds" element of the thread title. Thank you for showing this item it makes my stuff look quite mundane.
    Regards and best wishes Michael R

Hi Again Gotz, Another rare and unusual piece of history for us all to enjoy. It looks like silver, is it marked? I would love to have a look through that box of yours!! Please keep showing!
    Cheers Michael R

- - ------- - -

Hi, A couple of Gau collecting boxes for view and comment. Cheers MR

ATTACH=CONFIG]654263[/ATTACH]"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"  

PS, I do not haved a key but I am pretty sure that the tin is empty!!

G'day Michael, here's a couple of odd ones from my junk pile

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    Hi Dan, A tree hammer?? I did not know that such things existed!! Brilliant. So how does it work?? Set the number and whack the tree?? It most certainly conforms with the "Odds" element of the thread title. Thank you for showing this item it makes my stuff look quite mundane.
    Regards and best wishes Michael R
    Yes, Michael, that about sums it up! the end of the log is struck with the hammer to mark the serial number ( of that batch of lumber or grove of tree's batch number for traceability ) You know how ridiculously efficient the Germans were - why go the simple route when you can over complicate it?

Here is an image from Wilhelm Goehler's 1940 katalog.

Cheers, Dan ( I'll look for other obscure items - I'm sure I have some )
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"  
    Last edited by Danmark; 03-01-2014 at 10:12 PM. Reason: found more information
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    Hi Again Gotz, Another rare and unusual piece of history for us all to enjoy. It looks like silver, is it marked? I would love to have a look through that box of yours!! Please keep showing!
    Cheers Michael R

- - ------- - -
    Thanks!
    No, no silver and not magnetic. I think a kind of brass and nickel plated.
    But here a silver item.
    A watch-fob in silver "800":
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"   "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"  

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi Rene, Thank you for showing. I like the sign and "Printed in America". Certainly different!!
    Cheers again Rene.

Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast