Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

Article about: Hi Ian, Thank you for your message and comments. Yes, I think that what you say about the bag is correct but I stand to be corrected if anyone knows better?? Have you got anything to show? I

Hi Dan, Yes, you are quite right. I just hoped that a few more goodies would have surfaced, still out is better than nowt!!! Like you, we are preparing to move and most of my "stuff" is salted away in banana boxes and stached in various locations around the house and garage so I am in a similar position. However, I still have one or two odd bits to show. I look forward to seeing more of your "stuff" post move.
    Many thanks Dan for your reasoned words and support. Regards and best wishes Michael R

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"
    P
    Many

Hi One and All, A couple more items to view which I hope are of interest. The first item is a photograph album belonging to a Luftwaffe aviator containing a variety of photos and quite a few narative entries. Unfortunately, I do not read German so I can not tell you what is being said. Anyone who can read German may find the naratives of interest.

The second item is a bit of an enigma in that it is a standard issue P38 pistol holster but when I bought it it had US type belt fittings and the straps removed. I had a saddler replace the US fittings with a replacement set of German type belt loops. I recall reading somewhere that these holsters were adapted for use by the Israely Army??? If you can confirm or know different, please let me know!!
    Cheers MR

ATTACH=CONFIG]665452[/ATTACH]"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"  

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    Hi Rene, Nice big drape, I have one or two myself but they live in boxes because they are more or less inpossible to display but very nice to own!! Nice. I have viewed the film but apart from seeing a farm. some people and animals and a well, I could not figure out what it was all about. Like the dick head that I am, I thought that it was a shame that it was a silent film and I can not read German. Then I realised that if it were a talky and I do not speak German, I would have been none the wiser!! Sad old man!! Interesting to watch none-the-less. Thank you for the link.
    Cheers for now Rene. Regards Michael R
    No worries Michael

Hi Mike, the holster is ex Norwegian issue.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you Rene!!

Hi Ade, Thank you for letting me know, the information is greatly appreciated. How can you tell that it was a Norwegian re issue? I ask in case I come accross anything similar. Some years back, I met a Norwegian Navy officer and he invited me onboard the Frigate? on which he was serving. One of the items he showed me was the ship's sextant with a lovely Kriegesmarine Eagle stamped into it. No he would not let me borrow it!!
    Cheers Michael R

Hi, Two more photo albums and a rather interesting sign supposedly removed from a mess on a military base. The German salute/greeting is Heil Hitler. Cheers Michael R

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

Hi, Something a bit different today. A collection of documents and photographs etc from a secret German Army inteligence file concerning British/Canadian military equipment. As stated previously, I do not raed German so I can not tell you what the letters are on about. Hope they are of interest to you. Cheers MR

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

Sorry, I did not put them back in order before I uploaded them. MR

Back with your rabbit ears: Nice original NSV wall plaque posted on street at entrance to this "en es fau" (women's org) headquarters. Evidently removed by GI in 1945, after seeing some shrapnel. Scarce. Thanx for posting!

Let me know which of these Geheim documents you want translated most and I'll do them.

Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast