Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

Article about: Hi Ian, Thank you for your message and comments. Yes, I think that what you say about the bag is correct but I stand to be corrected if anyone knows better?? Have you got anything to show? I

Ney, No hints to trot out to you. Try again!!! Cheers MR

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"
    P
    Many

Snare drum cover?

MAP
    ?

Here is another Odd's and Ends. Actually the story behind it is the Odd and End's (or unknown), not the artifact, it's just a standard WWII US bronze star (but not engraved...)

It was my Aunts (not her husbands).

When she passed, it went to my mother. The family grew up during the depression dirt poor with no schooling beyond High School. However....post war my Aunt was fluent in French......hmmmmm.

Story (as told to me by my mother) is that my Aunt worked for the OSS during WWII and was infiltrated into France and worked as an operative with the French Resistance.......thats as much as my Aunt told my Mom....tried to research but have come up empty. Whether true or not, she did win the bronze star which at least indicates she was in a combat or near combat (i.e. front line nurse) situation.

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

Fred Green
    ?

Hello,

Let's try a horse gasmask case!

Fred

MAP
    ?

Motorcycle tank/seat bag? Looks similar in shape to a bag I have for my Royal Enfield......

?

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"Does anyone have any idea what this is?

At last a good answer -- but wrong!! Thanks for your try Naptime but sorry. Cheers MR

Hi MAP Yes, an interesting item and very interesting story. I hope against hope that it is true and if so, you come from good stock!! Thank you for showing and your continued support Regards MR

Hi Fred, Bang on!! Congratulations and guess what you have won. If I ever get to Sparta, a big kiss but no tonges!! And only if you are good looking. LOL
    Cheers Michael R

Hi Map 12 out of 10 for trying -- nope! Cheers MR

Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast