Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 ... LastLast

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

Article about: Hi Ian, Thank you for your message and comments. Yes, I think that what you say about the bag is correct but I stand to be corrected if anyone knows better?? Have you got anything to show? I

Hi, A bit more jewelry. The first item is a cased brooch for either lapel, breast or scarf in the form of the Mother's Cross in Gold. A nice item and in my opinion very attractive. Item 2 is an Iron Cross ring of WWI or pre WWII vintage probably made of gilted brass? I do not recognise the inner stampings on the ring. Hope that they are of interest. Regards Michael R

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Neat!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Default "Polizei Forstverwaltung" Armband with Belarusian(?)

Nothing grandiose but still a interesting mystery and oddity for me:

A crudely made "Polizei Forstverwaltung" Armband with Belarusian(?) translation stitched onto it. Belarusian (White Ruthenian or Rus or Rusyn) because of the the "yat" character still being in use in 1945. The 'yat' character was used in pre-revolutionary Russia but not later. The dark band is actually a dark green felt type material over cheap white cotton sheeting(?).

Original thread for any further thoughts/insights: Soviet/ German Police armband?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Thank You Sire,
    I hereby accept my nomination to be a guideon or is it guide -on carrier for the WR D&P Unit hanceforth to be known as 1/101st DP Unit and will fullfill my doodies as called for in the AR Training manual DP 101. I solemnly swear to drink a minimum of 5 pints per unit meeting or as called for in the local regs. I will fulfill all righful commands as long as they co-incide with common sense. Ooooooh Rah !
    As far as collecting, my wife says I'm so far out in left field, there is no telling what I'll come home with......for example !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"   "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"  

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"   "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"  

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"   "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"  

MAP
    ?

Fastfeet,

Is the mountain troop emblem attached to anything. Can't see from cell phone. Btw I ask for first dibs (sorry Mike) on the first three pics if you ever want to sell - but not sure if the SWMBO Will set me display

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yeah, it's attached to a tunic that I sold a few months back, funny thing is that not one month later I buy some DDR uniforms and what shows up but another edelweiss uniform but this time it's on a ladys tunic, I never knew they east Germans still had the edelweiss patch in use. The Perry lithos are still in their 1943 envelope, I stole those at an estate sale some time back, the guy Perry was an artist that did many pinups during the war and after the war many advertising pinup type paintings, pretty neat I think. It's a shame that my kids don't share my love of collecting, they equate it to hoarding. I currently have a son in law that is serving in the Army about 10 miles from the Pakistan border, he is sending bits and pieces to me as he knows what a sucker I am for militaria, I will share some of that when he's safely out of there.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"  

MAP
    ?

Quote by fastfeet View Post
    Yeah, it's attached to a tunic that I sold a few months back, funny thing is that not one month later I buy some DDR uniforms and what shows up but another edelweiss uniform but this time it's on a ladys tunic, I never knew they east Germans still had the edelweiss patch in use. The Perry lithos are still in their 1943 envelope, I stole those at an estate sale some time back, the guy Perry was an artist that did many pinups during the war and after the war many advertising pinup type paintings, pretty neat I think. It's a shame that my kids don't share my love of collecting, they equate it to hoarding. I currently have a son in law that is serving in the Army about 10 miles from the Pakistan border, he is sending bits and pieces to me as he knows what a sucker I am for militaria, I will share some of that when he's safely out of there.
    Those prints are a work of art. Literally. Unfortunately my kids are too young for me to show them..... :-)

Best of luck to your Son-in-Law and thank him for serving.

Like the Iraq War era flag as well.

?

I happen to apporove of those first three pics as well.

Quote by Scout View Post
    I happen to apporove of those first three pics as well.
    Ha Ha Scout,
    It seems that the ladies command more attention than the military stuff.......not necessarily a bad thing, goes to show we're not dead yet ! I can definately see these "Petty Girls" on the fighters and bombers of WW II. I am interested in trading these for a dagger or sword. Heritage Auction lady told me that something like this would bring between 3-5 hundred at auction, so if some of you gents have fallen madly in love.........well, just PM me and we'll see if we can work out a trade.

George Petty (1894 - 1975)
    From 1933 to 1956, her likeness was seen on tens of millions of calendars, magazine centrefolds, advertisements, posters, and billboards as well as on all sorts of speciality products. In 1950, "The Petty Girl" even became a major motion picture.

The picture shows George Petty presenting his artwork to the Navy, 1942
    © Chicago Sun-Times.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Those prints are a work of art. Literally. Unfortunately my kids are too young for me to show them..... :-)

Best of luck to your Son-in-Law and thank him for serving.

Like the Iraq War era flag as well.
    Hey MAP, Thanks for the good wishes for Ben, he's currently at FOB Meterlob (sp) but is moving to another FOB soon. The communication today is nothing like it was when I was in the Army (1967-73) My daughter talks and sees Ben once or twice a week via facetime and it sure makes it nice for them to stay in touch.
    About the Iraq stuff, All of the items were captured in a school near Mosul as I recall, it consists of one metal and one composit helmets,2 each AK 47 clip holders,prayer mat,prayer hat,cartridge belt,Iraq flag/banner, I met the guy at my VAMC while waiting for our appts. and got to talking about where we'd been and worked out a trade right there. Pretty neat stuff. Best .
    Ramon

Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 ... LastLast