Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

Article about: Hi Ian, Thank you for your message and comments. Yes, I think that what you say about the bag is correct but I stand to be corrected if anyone knows better?? Have you got anything to show? I

Hi Anon, Yes, a very nice and unusual piece, Just what we want to see on this thread so please keep em coming Regards MR

And as for your helmet??? Are there any jobs going in your trash tip???????????????????????? Another very nice item. Regards again MR

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Here's an item you don't see everyday and perfect for the Odds and Ends thread.

Pictured here is a very rare (and some say battlefield flop) German Kartoffel Kanon. A last ditch weapon at best but accurate out to 200+ yards..........

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi MAP, Different undoubtedly different!!! Any markings etc on it?
    Cheers MR

Looks like some plastic drainpipe sprayed camo. LOL
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Here's an item you don't see everyday and perfect for the Odds and Ends thread.

Pictured here is a very rare (and some say battlefield flop) German Kartoffel Kanon. A last ditch weapon at best but accurate out to 200+ yards..........

MAP.......the hair spray goes in the Kanon......not in your nose !!

MAP
    ?

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    Hi MAP, Different undoubtedly different!!! Any markings etc on it?
    Cheers MR
    Quote by Anon View Post
    Looks like some plastic drainpipe sprayed camo. LOL

Mike, no markings unfortunately.

But to come clean.....Anon had it right. These are made of PVC pipe and in the back a small BBQ grill igniter.

What we have here are two Potato Cannons (aka Kartoffel Kanon). Made them with my boys last year. Wanted to post on April 1st but only found the pics yesterday....so better late then never.......

But......they do shoot and far. You fill the bottom portion with hair spray and stuff a potato down the muzzle. we've gotten around 150 to 200 yards so far. Easy to make...

Have a great video but unfortunately it's too big to upload.

Anon - good catch...

Hope you all enjoyed!
    Last edited by MAP; 04-24-2014 at 07:35 PM. Reason: typo

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Quote by fastfeet View Post
    MAP.......the hair spray goes in the Kanon......not in your nose !!
    And so much fun to shoot. Gets expensive after a while going through sacks of potatos, but cheaper than real ammo!

Spud shooter!! Nice bit of Militaria!!! The trouble is, you have shown some pretty good stuff and I trusted you ergo, I fell for your spoof hook line and sinker. 12 out of 10!!! Well done. LOL
    Cheers MR

MAP
    ?

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    Spud shooter!! Nice bit of Militaria!!! The trouble is, you have shown some pretty good stuff and I trusted you ergo, I fell for your spoof hook line and sinker. 12 out of 10!!! Well done. LOL
    Cheers MR
    Never trust a Greek!

They are fun however, even the SWMBO enjoyed it......

At least until the local Militia came.....

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"  

MAP
    ?

Default What happened here??

A few years back while visiting a show, my young son was looking at a display case and saw these googles.

The dealer admitted he didn't know what they were but assumed they were German in that they were in the "original" box.

Since I still had a few $'s left in my pocket I bought them for my son as they were really cheap.

Bring them home and start doing research....google, yahoo, bing, etc, etc...nothing.

Finally after on and off searching I come across the exact same googles for sale on one of the military websites.

Turns out they are WWII IJA Japanese snow goggles.

Now the question. How/why did someone match up Japanese goggles and a German Railway Ticket Sub Box. Will never know...but an odd pairing none the less

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast