Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

Article about: Hi Ian, Thank you for your message and comments. Yes, I think that what you say about the bag is correct but I stand to be corrected if anyone knows better?? Have you got anything to show? I

That's an awesome uniform you have there Michael. I never cease to be amazed by the Italians "exuberant" uniforms meaning that their uniforms had more bells and whistles than even the kings formals(compare it to an Ozzy uniform) My Dad, who was my hero and WW II vet, in later life told me many stories about his service in the ETO and one was that most line soldiers quickly leared that you can't be luggin' around souvenirs in a war zone........he lugged a fur coat for my Mom and a concertina for his Dad for about a week before he threw them in a ditch because they were so much trouble. It wasn't till they reached Germany that my Dad collected odd bits of flotsam and jetsam. I think insofar as the Americans were concerned they were too busy "moving out" in Sicily and Italy to collect souvenirs. Best.
    Fast

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"
    P
    Many

Hi Adrian, Yes, you could well be correct. The reason that I dated it earlier is the style of crown. Although in execusion the crown is poor, it does none-the-less resemble the Victoria Crown and looks nothing like the Imperial Crown of the WWI period. In any event, I think we can agree that it worth a show regardless of period. Thank you Ade for your comments and for your interest. Now, lets see your silk!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Michael R

Hi Fast, I understand exactly where your Dad was coming from. Even as a long time collector, having been on the Falklands for 4 months, all I wanted was out and left a shed load of Argie gear behind which is probably both collectable and of some value now. But hay ho thats life. My Grandfather was in the Merchant Navy and post D Day was conveying equipment into France and German POW's out. He told be that for a few cigs he could have traded almost any german kit or badges etc. Instead all he was interested in was lengths of rope!! At that time, rope was in very short supply and had a ready value, German stuff had no value at least not to him.
    Cheers Michael R
    PS Thank you for your kind comments MR

Hi All, It has been a month or two since this thread did anything so perhaps it is time to kick start it once again. My first offering is a bit off the beaten track for this thread and is a Japanese boxed badge which I aquired some years ago. WWII Japanese is not my sphere of collecting so if I have got this wrong, please don't shout at me. I believe this item to be a military retirement commemoration badge??? If you know better, please let me know.

Cheers Michael Ryan

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

Hi Again, Back to one of my favourite subjects, boxes!! I have so many boxes, mostly full of junk, I can no longer get into my garage!! This one may be of interest though. I aquired it in Stafford whilst serving in the Royal Air force so it has been accumulating dust for circa 30 years, yes, in the garage. Hope it is of interest. I believe it to be for some sort of communications equipment and probably Luftwaffe? Your comments are invited.

Cheers MR

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

MAP
    ?

An old thread.....but one that I loved...so I thought I would revive it.

Two recent "odd's and ends" finds of mine......

If you got something Odd or doesn't fit a category post away.

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi MAP, Long time no speak!!! Thank you for trying to revive "An old thread". Both nice items but I particularly like the RAF lighter!! I intend putting a few more items on this thread so keep watching!!!!!
    With thanks, regards and best wishes Michael R

MAP
    ?

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    Hi MAP, Long time no speak!!! Thank you for trying to revive "An old thread". Both nice items but I particularly like the RAF lighter!! I intend putting a few more items on this thread so keep watching!!!!!
    With thanks, regards and best wishes Michael R
    Will look for them. Can't wait. Glad you like the lighter. Just one of those items sitting on the table that caught my eye...

Come on guys..I know a lot of us have those odds and ends out there so please post them..
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44