Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

badges etc.

Article about: The Assmann Flak of yours Andrew can also be found sporting a Juncker maker mark & occasionally a sheet metal hinge. Stewy S

?

Default badges etc.

Hello Gent's,
    here is what is left of the medals and assorted small items. i unfortunatly sold off a large bunch of badges in 1998, because i was getting away from them. i'll be the first to admit, i dont know much about them. i like having some things like the EK's for display with the daggers. i know i have some bad items and would like to weed them out. so i'll post the group shot here, and individual pics of items in the badge section for review. or if prefered i can keep it all on this thread. just let me know.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture badges etc.   badges etc.  

badges etc.   badges etc.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement badges etc.
    P
    Many

Default Re: badges etc.

Good clear pictures, front and back, would help determine
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture badges etc.   badges etc.  

I agree with John.

But very generally speaking, as an overview, things are looking good overall.

Cheers, Ade.

john dont forget the crosses love em!

more close ups please

?

ok i'll start with these because i have some pics already. others i'll have to take.
    Observer - assman
    Flack - assman
    RO - W.Deumer
    Ground assault - R.K.

?

a few more pics. the Assman flak is double marked. back and wing

Hi Andrew, I see you have a Customs cross in there!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

good eyes wolf. many mistake it for just police

Ok, I'll have a stab, and give my reasons

The Flak badge, I do not care for. Apart from not having the Assmann hardware, it was my understanding that these badges were marked AA&a. If nothing else it has been repaired

The Observer, i don't like the maker mark, instead of being stamped, they are usually of high relief, although I do like the nipple rivets, a trait of Assmann's

The Ground assault looks good, but as Stewy knows I have been caught out on that one

Radio/Air gunners Is it a Deumer? coz if it is it has the wrong hardware?
    closer picture to the rear, showing catch and pin

I'm sure Stewy will add if needed, just my tuppence worth

?

Hi John,
    the assmann observer has been looked over before, as have all these badges. in my mind there is no question on any one but the RO. the others are good. check up on the stamped assmann logo.
    the flak matches most every example of assmann i have seen except having the extra A mark on the eagle. not sure what you see as a repair. the catch is original to the badge. bought from a forum moderator on another forum a cpl years ago. it had been viewed and approved before i bought it.
    the R.K. is an early one.
    it always amazes me the varied opinion on badges. that is the main reason i got away from them.
    the Deumer RO stumps me a little. the logo and the eagle are dead on in my opinion. how its attached is right. other things not matching Deumer factory production, could be subcontractors getting parts to assemble. there were cottage industries doing it. in hand it just looks and feels right to me. but opinions will vary. things were not made with collectors in mind.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast