Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Battle Display #1: Stalingrad

Article about: I have my 2nd DETOLF cabinet still boxed and hidden behind the door in my study. I've got almost enough goodies stashed away to fill it already but have to be 'maritally aware' as to the tim

Default Battle Display #1: Stalingrad

Hi guys!

So my collecting interests have run a peculiar direction lately. I have decided to get a Detolf glass tower with five sections, in which I will put together displays for each of my five favorite battles.

I have been quietly working on my first, and since I don't have the cabinet yet, I have decided to just go ahead and start the thread as stuff accumulates. I have a lot of other items in the mail, and those should be here any day now.

So the three items I have for my first display, "Stalingrad", are the items shown here. I've got a Romanian M38 helmet dug up on the Don Front (courtesy of Kradspam, thanks sir!), a Defense of Stalingrad Medal and certificate named to a Pvt. Komenko, and a German Red Cross search photo for an Erich Fuchs, a scout from Aufklaerungs-Regiment 7, who went missing during the Battle of Stalingrad. (The photo will be featured in the upcoming book, Scouts Out by Robert Edwards.)

Anyway, stay tuned for more Stalingrad-related stuff.

Mo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battle Display #1: Stalingrad  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Battle Display #1: Stalingrad
    P
    Many

Looking good Mo, glad you like the lid

Looking good, Mo!

Mo, I have had a particular interest in this battle since a teenager, that's a great display with some some great pieces !! I have just been crunching some numbers on the cost of a visit with some friends.................
    Prost ! Steve.

?

I really like this idea and that helmet is a cracker! Can't wait to see it all together

Battle Display #1: StalingradHi Mo , the display is coming together nicely!! Why not buy one of Datrus's amoeba pattern covers for a HEER helmet, they look great as a Stalingrad piece(here's mine , they come newly made to order from original materials then just age it!) Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battle Display #1: Stalingrad  

Nicely done Mo.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

A great way to collect, it's always good to have a theme and this endeavor of yours is a true love of history. My compliments!

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Battle Display #1: StalingradHi Mo , the display is coming together nicely!! Why not buy one of Datrus's amoeba pattern covers for a HEER helmet, they look great as a Stalingrad piece(here's mine , they come newly made to order from original materials then just age it!) Leon.
    I actually did buy one from Lars, but the cover is here with me in Utah while the helmet it is meant for is in Pennsylvania. I did intend to use it for the display though, so it's ironic that you mention it.

Thank you all for the kind comments! I've got good stuff on the way, so stay tuned.

Great idea Mo, looking forward to watching its development !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast