Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Beginning Collection, much of it is family items

Article about: I picked up a Vietnam Paratrooper helmet today. While I was separating the helmet to take pictures I found a name written on the inside of the camo band. It reads JJ Crow and has "St.Ni

Default Re: Beginning Collection, much of it is family items

I picked up a Vietnam Paratrooper helmet today. While I was separating the helmet to take pictures I found a name written on the inside of the camo band. It reads JJ Crow and has "St.Nick" written next to it. Sorry about some of the blurry pictures, shaky hands. The helmet cover is in good condition but one part of it is ripped, as you can see in the picture, but you can't see it when it is on the helmet. I only paid $70 for it and I just saw a similar one go on Ebay for $180 so I think I did good.

Alec
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Beginning Collection, much of it is family items   Beginning Collection, much of it is family items  

Beginning Collection, much of it is family items   Beginning Collection, much of it is family items  

Beginning Collection, much of it is family items   Beginning Collection, much of it is family items  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Beginning Collection, much of it is family items
    P
    Many

I met up with a guy today that was selling an old trunk that his family had been putting items in for the past 100 or so years. There was everything from business cards from a bike shop in the early 1900's, to coins from all over the world. He also had some WWI and WWII items stuffed in there as well. I was able to get a few things that one of his relatives wore while he fought in WWI. There was his helmet with liner, leggings and wraps, dog tags, a cap, and his jacket. His name was Louis H. Rohan. Also in the lot was a little bit of WWII stuff, a belt with holster, trench art, mess kit, and most namely a double decal Nazi police helmet. I knew soon as he pulled it out I wanted it. I had never seen one in real life before this and am so happy I was able to get it. Definitely my favorite piece so far. The size is 56 and the decals are mostly there on each side.

Could you guys tell me what gun the holster was used with and what insignia on the jacket is for?

Alec

Here is some pics of todays buys.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Beginning Collection, much of it is family items   Beginning Collection, much of it is family items  

Picked up a Luftschutz helmet today. It is named to Stock, written in pencil on the liner.

Here is an update of my whole collection so far, almost filled up most of my shelves.

?

What a great collection! Keep it up!
    Regards

I added a few WWII war bond posters. I have to say they a few of my favorite items that I have collected from the wars. I like the bright colors and imagery they use. Unfortunately they are pretty big and the costs to get them archival framed will run me about $250 apiece. So for right now they are staying tucked away in my closet away from harm.

I also picked up a purple heart and old Navy Donald Duck cap (may be a repro) but I will hold off on pictures until I get a new and better display set up for all of my items!
    Attached Images Attached Images Beginning Collection, much of it is family items  Beginning Collection, much of it is family items  Beginning Collection, much of it is family items 

?

Nice collection ! Like the posters !

Thanks Banksy, my collection has changed a bit since the last few pics but I will take some once I have a better display set up. I am moving downstairs into an empty room that I can use for school and showing off my collection. Lots more space to show it off.

Alec

I finally got around to setting up a proper display for my items. My collection has gone through some changes, and I am still waiting for my double decal Luftwaffe to arrive. The uniform is from a local family, has a named helmet and his dogtags, along with his cap and leggings. Items on the left shelf are WWII (Hawley liner and helmet) and the ones inside the cubby are items of my Great Gramps (He is far left in the photo). I still have to put a hanger up to put my American flag in the middle. I just started putting this together today so I will be adding a few items still.

Thanks,

Alec

you have a very nice display brilliant collection love the veitnam helmet

tom

?

Very nice ! You have some great items !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast