Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

"Best of the German" display

Article about: Ya Mo, very nice and not cluttered up. BTW I won't forget the help I got from you not so long ago when I first signed on here with questions about some dumb old helmet and other bits. Will w

Default Re: "Best of the German" display

Ya Mo, very nice and not cluttered up.

BTW I won't forget the help I got from you not so long ago when I first signed on here with questions about some
    dumb old helmet and other bits.

Will wait for the helmet collection pictures.

Rudy
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity & make it work for you."
    Frank Zappa

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Best of the German" display
    P
    Many

?

looks great Mo! Now I'm reminded I should take some shots of my display now that I've seen yours.
    ~Dean

Excellant! I would not have expected less from you.

rgds, Tyrone

Hey guys,

Thanks for all of the kind comments again. It really means a lot to me getting these kinds of responses from you all, especially considering that I am younger in this hobby and although my budget doesn't allow me to have the collection I want, my dedication and passion for it has gotten me to the point that I am at. I am very thankful that I have been able to accumulate all of the bits of history that I have over the past several years. Many people do not understand this hobby and it's wonderful that we can all gather here to indulge ourselves in it. I really appreciate the community that you all have created for people like me.

And Karl, I still remember the helmet I think, a single decal Heer M42, named with a bit of yellow camo? Beautiful helmet sir!

Here is my wall o' helmets as promised. Almost all of the badges up there are fake, but some of the German wall items are real, including the war merit medals under the top row and the belt buckles, etc.

Just a quick list of the helmets:

Top row from left to right:
    French M26 with artillery(?) insignia, Bulgarian type 'A' M36, 1942 dated MkII, rear-seam WWII-era M1, German M34

Middle row left to right:
    1967 dated Vietnam-era M1 with para liner, rear-seam WWII-era M1, front-seam fixed bale M1 that ended up being a named 50's MP repaint, front-seam swivel bale navy(?) M1 with matching liner, front-seam fixed bale M1 with field repaint.

Bottom row left to right:
    Single decal Heer M40 (EF66), single decal Heer M40 (Q64, I moved it temporarily to my wall to complete it. ), single decal heer M40 (EF64, my first German helmet, named to "Zöllner"), a admittedly poorly painted camo ckl66 M42 (my filler until I get a real Normandy camo), and my beautiful single decal Kriegsmarine M40 (ET66, my first helmet that doesn't happen to be a single decal Heer M40! still waiting on that Luftwaffe...)

Enjoy guys! If you have any questions, I would be more than happy to answer any of them. I can tell you exactly when, where, and how I got each of these things.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Best of the German" display   "Best of the German" display  

"Best of the German" display   "Best of the German" display  

"Best of the German" display   "Best of the German" display  

Nice collection you have thare, like the way you have the belt buckles mounted on the wall...(takes time) but all looks great...

Thanks Darren!

Wish I had the time to make a nice display room. I have a few empty ones but soon the house will be gone
    so not worth the effort.

Great stuff nicely displayed. I know you'll keep it up for a long time. Young guys like you are the future of saving the past.

BTW ... Rudy works just fine among friends
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity & make it work for you."
    Frank Zappa

Thanks Rudy

My goal is to get all of my fake stuff replaced with real ones. The Normandy camo is at the top of that list. I almost managed to get one for a really good price, but it turned out to be a very high quality fake. I would also love to have an original USMC M1 up on my second shelf and a Luftwaffe M42 for the bottom one. I am dreading the day when my OCD-ridden brain has to decide what to do with a single decal SS. haha

?

Nice collection Mo, coming along very nicely! Have you posted the Minesweeper in the TR decorations forum?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I have before Adrian. There was some confusion over the maker. It's unmarked, but I believe you actually said it was a Forster & Barth? I'll look up the thread for you and post the link.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast