Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

book collection

Article about: good evening all ,i thought i would take a photo of my war books ,all on ww2 ,its the subject i find most interesting ,ive picked a few up in oxfam of all places ,in superb condition and at

Default book collection

good evening all ,i thought i would take a photo of my war books ,all on ww2 ,its the subject i find most interesting ,ive picked a few up in oxfam of all places ,in superb condition and at a great price for a wealth of information and photographs ,some of you might recognise a few of them ,book collection
    Regards James

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement book collection
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: book collection

Charity shops, boot sales, flea markets are a rich source of historical literature. They might not be the most current and fashionable books or places to shop but all books are worthwhile tools to the amateur historian and collector.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I love picking up books on the subject too! Much better than on line stuff but maybe I'm a dinosaur!

Check out this thread:

Show your war libraries

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

You can't beat the holding of a good book and reading it and looking at the pictures, to actually have an item in your hands and of course many are beautiful items in their own right.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Oh yes you cant go wrong in Oxfam , ive picked up some real corkers over years including a complete set of hard back WW1 volumes , i think 7 volumes in all for 10 pounds ,plu numerous aircraft , tank and general wartime history books

books have the charm that online stuff will never have !
    thrift stores are full of older books.

thanks guys this next book i show , called remembrance is quite special to me ,as the author mark quinlan was based in london i was asked to take a photograph of the world war 1 graves of the british and canadian soldiers based at kinmel park military camp bodelwyddan ,a place which is roughly 10 minutes away for me by car ,my input to the book is on page 91 ,i was lucky enough for a signed copy and as it coincided with my daughters birth even more so to cherish book collectionbook collectionbook collection
    Last edited by James C; 05-26-2013 at 10:01 AM.
    Regards James

like you Nick Iam overflowing with books.

Nice bunch of WW2 books I haven't had any of them shown. timothy