Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bringing pictures to life thread

Article about: and another Liebig card from 1898 showing the awarding of the 1813 Iron cross.

Default Bringing pictures to life thread

Hi All,
    Hopefully this can be an ongoing thread, I will explain, as I have looked through books I would often think how cool it would be to own what I saw in the picture, so as my collection grew I decided to find some of those pictures and compare them to what I own, while doing this it dawned on me that it may look cool to photograph in some kind of "artsy" way the real thing compared to the picture, and pose the item/items as close as possible to the book photo to give it that "popping out" effect, my best one so far is the medal grouping photo, now the photos dont have to be period as none of mine are, and color pictures look best, its also a fun way/reason to take out some of your stuff from behind its glass and let it breathe so too speak, also it gets pretty boring just staring at it all the time, so why not find a reason to enjoy your investments (holding them is the best part btw) I will be adding more photos like this as my collection grows, lets see who can take the most impressive "wow" shots and keep it going! here are mine for starters
    P.S- if you dont like this idea or dont want to join in then thats ok, your still allowed to look
    Bringing pictures to life threadBringing pictures to life threadBringing pictures to life threadBringing pictures to life threadBringing pictures to life threadBringing pictures to life threadBringing pictures to life threadBringing pictures to life thread
    Bringing pictures to life threadBringing pictures to life thread
    Last edited by maximus71; 11-04-2012 at 02:09 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bringing pictures to life thread
    P
    Many

Default Re: Bringing pictures to life thread

Good idea! Thanks a lot!

I love it! This will make collecting even more fun

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Here is my HJ example
    Bringing pictures to life thread

These look really good and I'll have to see if I can find any good images in books of items I have in my collection and have a go.

I have something similar I did a few years back where I cropped the pictures of my patches onto the images from a book, rather than photographed them on the page. They are all in a frame now so it would be difficult for me to redo this your way.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bringing pictures to life thread  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Great idea!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Clever idea and a nice bit of fun.

Cheers, Ade
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

well I never...picture re-enactment !

Great idea..........I'll get some pics sorted hopefully.

cheers

tony

Great idea mate, I'll have a play around with some pics!

Truth is I have this strange power, all I have to do is touch a picture of something I want, then I close my eyes and that item appears before me, now where did I put that SS photobook.............oh its right here under my stack of playboys lol
    Glad you guys like the idea, cant wait to see your submissions!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast