Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

British and American Infantry Uniform Collection

Article about: This is my first post to the forum of my collection, British and American infantry uniforms. Compromising of: American M41 jacket M1923 Cartridge belt 1942 dated M1928 Haversack 1942 dated M

Default WW2 US and British Infantry collection update

Hey, here is an update, i have a new mannequin for the British set, the helmet has been added, no4 spike bayonet, a 1943 dated economy belt as the other was post war dated, and the rain cape has been put into the correct position, i also have an original helmet net on its way.

The american set has a M1926 life belt and a M1 Garand bayonet added, still looking for a WW2 M1 helmet and an m7 assault gas mask bag.

Thanks for looking

Harry

British and American Infantry  Uniform CollectionBritish and American Infantry  Uniform CollectionBritish and American Infantry  Uniform CollectionBritish and American Infantry  Uniform CollectionBritish and American Infantry  Uniform CollectionBritish and American Infantry  Uniform CollectionBritish and American Infantry  Uniform CollectionBritish and American Infantry  Uniform Collection

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement British and American Infantry  Uniform Collection
    P
    Many

?

Very impressive display Harry, I admire your dedication to source the part's and equipment,a museum quality display IMHO

Harry your displays are awesome mate,they really are,as said above museum quality,gotta luv it all really would be difficult to pick out any individual items,but the M26 Lifebelt and M23 cartridge and suspenders look top notch,so a massive well done to you and thanks for sharing this amazing collection of yours...........

?

Great displays

Many thanks for your comments, i have tried to make sure the pieces are original and matching, which can be a little difficult and take time especially if you don't want to pay over the odds. I am trying to get an British officers set together, i have sourced a battledress who's original owner was a veteran of the first and second world wars and participated in the evacuation of Dunkirk. I will post some pictures as soon as it is completed.

Cheers

Harry

?

Bravo Harry most excellently displayed I must say I am impressed I just love that M-26 life belt a very hard item to source.

Regards Mark

Hey Harry I missed this post first time round and I must say these displays are great to see, a real education. I'm putting British and U.S.M.C (still a long way to go on that one) impressions together and yours give me hope. Love the Enfield too, any chances of some pics and a bit of history?

Cheers,

Ian.

Hello, sorry for the late reply, the displays do take time to complete, it is best to take your time rushing can sometimes result in mistakes of paying to much or settling for items below standard. I would to like to complete a USMC display in the future, they do look very impressive. The lee Enfield is of Long Branch manufacture deactivated in the UK, sorry i do not have any pictures i am currently at uni and need to pick up my collection, when it purchased it came with modern wood, which i must say was not fitted by an armourer, many gaps and looked to new, thankfully they kept the original ww2 wood and i put it back to its original condition fitted so much better and has a lot more character.

Cheers

Harry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2