Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

British aviation subject shadow box

Article about: Hi folks, Here is a photo of one example of a collection of shadow boxes. These were carefully researched and professionally framed by a collector/historian in Allentown who passed away. His

Default British aviation subject shadow box

Hi folks, Here is a photo of one example of a collection of shadow boxes. These were carefully researched and professionally framed by a collector/historian in Allentown who passed away. His daughter is trying to get a handle on their value/interest to collectors. I call them representative collections of known figures in WWII history. They do not include the actual medals and ribbons worn by the recipient. Attached is the shadow box for Group Captain Lord Geoffrey Chesire. I think their intention is to offer them up for sale at auction or bid board. Feedback is welcome and thanks in advance. NH

British aviation subject shadow box

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement British aviation subject shadow box
    P
    Many

I have a near identical set of miniatures and stuff with repro wings of Chesire stuff, I paid $100.00 for it 20 years ago, and only for the fact it had a wartime autographed picture of him in uniform. He sold off a ton of these in the late 70's top the late 80's in support of his children's charity. So more in the vein of commemorative versus historic. They would be pricey top ship, I think you'd be lucky to get $150.00 each for any of them. Miniatures are as you noted not official awards and can be bought and made up easily even to this day.