Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

British & commonwealth tunic collection

Article about: by kozowy1967 Some very nice Battle dress and tunics Jerry How many more common wealth countries produced these during the war years I see you yet need to add one from CANADA as well as US.

Default Re: British & commonwealth tunic collection

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Some very nice Battle dress and tunics Jerry
    How many more common wealth countries produced these during the war years I see you yet need to add one from CANADA as well as US. manufactured one that was produced as part of the lend lease program the latter of the two I have mentioned I have seen come up for sale rarely but they are out there .

Regards Mark K
    Probably most of the larger commonwealth countries produced them and yes I do have Canadian and US made examples on my wanted list, both of which are seen for sale fairly often, but I can only buy them as my budget allows. Also 46 and 47 pattern examples when money allows, though the 46 is probably the one I see for sale least often.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement British & commonwealth tunic collection
    P
    Many

?

My dream BD Jerry would be one that was issued to a soldier in the First Canadian Para badged and unmolested of course.
    Battle dress has taken a big jump in prices over the last few years even the stripped ones are starting to sell for stupid prices now

Regards Mark K

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    My dream BD Jerry would be one that was issued to a soldier in the First Canadian Para badged and unmolested of course.
    Battle dress has taken a big jump in prices over the last few years even the stripped ones are starting to sell for stupid prices now

Regards Mark K
    Sounds great, mine would be R Sigs Sgt with 8th army patches as my Dad might have worn.

You can still find some good deals out there, but some of the prices the really good unit badged examples are bringing is getting up there with German tunic prices.

This one is very nice and is ending soon, but already gone beyond my current budget and it's a US war aid version.
    Attached Images Attached Images British & commonwealth tunic collection  British & commonwealth tunic collection  British & commonwealth tunic collection  British & commonwealth tunic collection  British & commonwealth tunic collection 
    Last edited by Jerry B; 07-01-2012 at 05:37 PM.
    Regards,

Jerry

Very nice collection Jerry.
    Fantastic stuff.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Wonderful collection Jerry I love BD’s (in particular those worn by Polish units), and regret selling off some of the ones I did in years past.

Quote by Bond View Post
    . . . The leather jacket is called a Jerkin and I have a picture of my Father wearing his in the Western Desert during WWII. . . .
    Dark leather jerkin over wool BD – perfect attire to keep one cool in the African desert!

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Wonderful collection Jerry I love BD’s (in particular those worn by Polish units), and regret selling off some of the ones I did in years past.

Dark leather jerkin over wool BD – perfect attire to keep one cool in the African desert!

Cheers,
    Tony
    And topped off with a bottle of Italian wine.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British & commonwealth tunic collection  
    Regards,

Jerry

And if those are kegs they’re standing in front of there’s plenty more where that came from!

Speaking of Italy and BD’s, here’s my father along with two buddies from his Polish 2nd Corps infantry battalion taken in the city of Bari on Feb.24, 1946. My dad is in the center wearing the austerity pattern BD.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British & commonwealth tunic collection  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    And if those are kegs they’re standing in front of there’s plenty more where that came from!

Speaking of Italy and BD’s, here’s my father along with two buddies from his Polish 2nd Corps infantry battalion taken in the city of Bari on Feb.24, 1946. My dad is in the center wearing the austerity pattern BD.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Wonderful picture Tony.

I have yet to add a Polish used BD to my collection, maybe one day!

Interesting in that they have not altered the collar points, as I read somewhere recently that most had insignia added to them. Shows that not everything you read is true.
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Bond View Post
    Wonderful picture Tony.

I have yet to add a Polish used BD to my collection, maybe one day!

Interesting in that they have not altered the collar points, as I read somewhere recently that most had insignia added to them. Shows that not everything you read is true.
    Thanks Jerry. Genuine Polish BD’s are fetching some hefty prices nowadays. The trick is to find a real one amidst all of the put-togethers.

As far as alterations, it was largely up to the individual’s preference, which resulted in all sorts of things. See picture below of an officer of the 1st Polish Armoured Division in best BD. Look closely. When was the last time you saw a BD with a zipper?!

I’m not sure exactly what you meant by the “adding” of insignia. It is true that during wartime insignia for the Poles was in short supply , especially in the Mediterranean theater where the Polish 2nd Corps fought. In the immediate post war years many of the various units were now able to produce their specific badges and cloth insignia, so the always image conscious Poles were able to fully embellish their uniforms. You may also be familiar with the plastic insignia produced by the Poles following the liberation of an Italian harmonica factory.

Cheers,
    Tony

With insignia on the collar points, like those in this thread.

My II Korpus BD blouses

PS the zippered BD picture is not showing

Whats the story with the harmonica factory Polish insignia?
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast