Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

British & commonwealth tunic collection

Article about: by kozowy1967 Some very nice Battle dress and tunics Jerry How many more common wealth countries produced these during the war years I see you yet need to add one from CANADA as well as US.

Default Re: British & commonwealth tunic collection

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Great looking BD Jerry I have a soft spot for Canadian made BD’s Who's the maker?

Cheers,
    Tony

Hi Tony, I wanted a Canadian BD as I am trying to collect one by all the nations that made them for the British & allied forces during the 40' & 50's and out of them I just need a US made example, though I have probably forgotten some smaller countries, like Rhodesia etc...

The label is very faded and hard to read, but maybe you can tell me the maker?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British & commonwealth tunic collection   British & commonwealth tunic collection  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement British & commonwealth tunic collection
    P
    Many

Hi Jerry,

That’s the classic Canadian style ink stamp label, and off course has the required broadarrow within the C. The maker name reads ”Master Craft Uniform Company Reg’d”. A nice late wartime period BD.

Your collection is coming along well

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Its easy to read it now I know what it says.

Many thanks Tony.
    Regards,

Jerry

Hi again Jerry,

Not to hijack your thread, but here’s a Canadian made BD in my collection to share with you. Belonged to a 2nd Lieutenant in the 7th Horse Artillery Regiment of the Polish 2nd Corps. Unfortunately the name of the original owner is unknown. The tunic has an interesting history in that it was donated by the widow of the veteran to a Polish drama troupe for use in their productions. It was too small to be of much use, so languished in their costume stores for a couple of decades. The medal bar had been stripped (leaving only some threads) and there was just the hole in the breast pocket and above where the regimental and 2nd Corps commemorative badges were once was mounted. I added genuine replacements. Otherwise a super condition original survivor. It has the classic custom touches of a ‘best’ BD – open tailored collar, shoulder pads, and full complement of ‘officer grade’ insignia. 1944 dated, Tip Top Tailors product. The company still exists to this day.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British & commonwealth tunic collection   British & commonwealth tunic collection  

British & commonwealth tunic collection   British & commonwealth tunic collection  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Hi again Jerry,

Not to hijack your thread, but here’s a Canadian made BD in my collection to share with you. Belonged to a 2nd Lieutenant in the 7th Horse Artillery Regiment of the Polish 2nd Corps. Unfortunately the name of the original owner is unknown. The tunic has an interesting history in that it was donated by the widow of the veteran to a Polish drama troupe for use in their productions. It was too small to be of much use, so languished in their costume stores for a couple of decades. The medal bar had been stripped (leaving only some threads) and there was just the hole in the breast pocket and above where the regimental and 2nd Corps commemorative badges were once was mounted. I added genuine replacements. Otherwise a super condition original survivor. It has the classic custom touches of a ‘best’ BD – open tailored collar, shoulder pads, and full complement of ‘officer grade’ insignia. 1944 dated, Tip Top Tailors product. The company still exists to this day.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Hi Tony, I don't know how I missed this post. A stunning BD with its original insignia. Gotta love the shoulder pads. I would like to add a Polish used example to my collection one day, though I think they are rather expensive these days.
    Regards,

Jerry

A new addition to my collection and something a bit special IMHO, a 46 pattern BD blouse with originally applied insignia to the 7th armoured. It has no name or any other clues to the owner, but it was for a captain and has been modified to suit that, with leather football buttons on the shoulder straps, pockets and the cuffs and has the often seen open collar modification so typical of officers BD's prior to the introduction of the 49 pattern.

British & commonwealth tunic collection   British & commonwealth tunic collection  

Regards,

Jerry

Super piece Jerry! Congrats on your new acquisition.

Cheers,
    Tony

Super piece Jerry! Congrats on your new acquisition.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Thanks Tony, I just need a 47 pattern and a US war aid BD to have something near a full set and of course a Polish used one. Maybe I have to keep my eyes out for a Polish used US war aid BD.
    Regards,

Jerry

I must have been bored today as I finally got round to replacing the missing wings from the RASC 49 pattern BD with a set I bought a few months back. I have sewn them in a manner that shows they have been replaced, so that it is clear it is not untouched and I have only replaced what was there originally.

Regards,

Jerry

Fantastic jerry,dont know how i missed this incredible collection of yours but outstanding mate,i would be proud to own and display these historic items,all the best minnie.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast