Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast

British DPM Camouflage

Article about: G'day All, Figured to start this one, in my opinion it is one of the best ever camo patterns devised! S95, 85 & 68 patt (worse for wear correct me if I'm wrong) displayed

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Cheers Jerry, great to see a no so spotty example, I'd nearly kill for one like this!!!
    thanks Rene, it was a struggle to get it as a big time Falklands collector was bidding on it but thankfully stopped before the price went beyond my max bid
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement British DPM Camouflage
    P
    Many

i got my first pair of MTP trousers for working recently, actually very good with a return to a back pocket and they have an added reinforced crotch as well as a small zip up key/change pocket.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Ah I now have a New Zealand example 2005 dated. Interesting for me that it's aertex type material (certainly more course than UK tropical material) and has retained the WW2 type button style. Bit of a bummer I can't make out the maker!

Nice one Rene. Quite different tones to British DPM.

I've got a New Zealand Army winter coat from the mid 1990's (in storage so i can't access it at present) but it's rather unique as it's made from tan brown wool serge, screen printed with DPM camouflage. It has a hood and zip front and is modeled on the New Zealand bushman's "Swandri", (something as iconic to kiwis as Vegemite is to Aussies). The problem was these coats when wet, got extremely heavy and the soldiers didn't like them. In the late 1990's the Army sold them off and I managed to get an unissued example. I"ll post the pictures one day, a odd diversion in the DPM story.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Nice one Rene. Quite different tones to British DPM.

I've got a New Zealand Army winter coat from the mid 1990's (in storage so i can't access it at present) but it's rather unique as it's made from tan brown wool serge, screen printed with DPM camouflage. It has a hood and zip front and is modeled on the New Zealand bushman's "Swandri", (something as iconic to kiwis as Vegemite is to Aussies). The problem was these coats when wet, got extremely heavy and the soldiers didn't like them. In the late 1990's the Army sold them off and I managed to get an unissued example. I"ll post the pictures one day, a odd diversion in the DPM story.
    I'd love to see it, when you can please post it up.

Rene I can't really make out the numbers, the first group of numbers look like 8415 would that be 1984? The rest can't tell what they are. The only white is behind the pockets, the inside seat and legs are lined in a green material.
    no not 84 but part of the contract no.

Quick comparison of NZ, Dutch UK contract & UK mfg.

Lovely sets Rene' and great to compare the similarities

So regarding post#181, the medal waist buckles. What era is this from? Any way of knowing?
    Can anyone help out Anderson on this one? I'm curious too! I've typed all I could here.

....so, is it fair to say that early NZ is the same PATTERN as UK DPM although colours/tints differ...but later on they had their own pattern....and our friends in the Netherlands stuck with the Brit PATTERN (not colours) throughout?

Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast