Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast

British DPM Camouflage

Article about: G'day All, Figured to start this one, in my opinion it is one of the best ever camo patterns devised! S95, 85 & 68 patt (worse for wear correct me if I'm wrong) displayed

Quote by Composite View Post
    ....so, is it fair to say that early NZ is the same PATTERN as UK DPM although colours/tints differ...but later on they had their own pattern....and our friends in the Netherlands stuck with the Brit PATTERN (not colours) throughout?
    NZ patt is a dead ringer in the main print. NZ have gone to the MTP of which patt variation I not know maybe US? Can't type on NL current patt but I guess MTP and at a guess also the US variant?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement British DPM Camouflage
    P
    Many

Thought to show 4 patt variations at the same point- left are 68 type and a late 85

Disregarding the colour variations this clearly shows (I think!) PATTERN variations...at first the patterns seem the same but there appears to be tweaks to the shapes.....

Oh...and I forgot to ask....the one in the bottom left corner seems to have delicate hints of gold and red hues in addition to the green and the black..and the swirls are much more pronounced. I’ve not seen that pattern before!

Quote by Composite View Post
    Oh...and I forgot to ask....the one in the bottom left corner seems to have delicate hints of gold and red hues in addition to the green and the black..and the swirls are much more pronounced. I’ve not seen that pattern before!
    now I'm not sure? this one could be the earlier patt and I can't recall the designation! The hood yes?

The squaddies I know used to refer to it in their usual slang......there was a Contract Number for it but I don’t have it to hand.....the Squaddie term was “Grandma’s Carpet”....but it was only ever used on ground sheets tho some guys used to cut them up for Helmet covers

“Grandma’s Carpet” sounds a little scary!

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Ah I now have a New Zealand example 2005 dated. Interesting for me that it's aertex type material (certainly more course than UK tropical material) and has retained the WW2 type button style. Bit of a bummer I can't make out the maker!
    Quoting myself on the NZ button type in comparison to the WW2 type.

Here's the later NZ rip stop DPM used from 2008- 2013, replaced with the MTP
    Comparison pattern shot New-Old

I might just slip in here Rene, a bit on the NZ Desert DPM. Developed in 2003 and based on the British Desert DPM, it is a two colour camo similar to the British, but using different fabric and uniform design. But the NZ SAS used US Multicam in Afghanistan.

Photo of NZ trooper in Bamyian Province 2011 wearing the Desert DPM.

British DPM Camouflage

Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast