MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

The Canadian War Room

Article about: I figured you'd be a Caps fan being from Maryland, (whats up with your team this year??) I am an Oiler fan. My wife just used our points to fly to California to visit my dad for his 70th bir

?

Default Re: The Canadian War Room

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Jeezus Christ !

Nick
    What Nick said

Regards Mark K

A very impressive collection and some ultra rare uniforms to the FSSF Doug.
    I noticed the parachute on the floor Doug would you share a few details about it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Canadian War Room
    P
    Many

?

Thanks for the kind words gents.

Andy it's a type of step in smock called the Jacket Parachutist 1942 Pattern.

Mark the parachute is an Irvin XI-Type Parachute rig from 1990 and harness from 1991, but the rig is very similar to the wartime X-Type Parachute. When fully set up (which I've not the space to do) with the Sten Mk V and all the kit / accessories it's a great looking setup with the parachute and harness.

Ralph I'll be calling you soon for your personal tour. I have 1 helmet coming for my (mostly) German War Room, then we can see both but you'll need an entire afternoon.

When The German War Room gets that helmet I will post some photos of that room as well.

?

WAW, that is a very impressive collection! Gz.

K.

I'm looking forward to seeing your new German lid Doug, any chance of a cryptic clue?

?

It's German. ;-)

Tease

Quote by DougB View Post
    Thanks for the kind words gents.

Andy it's a type of step in smock called the Jacket Parachutist 1942 Pattern.

Mark the parachute is an Irvin XI-Type Parachute rig from 1990 and harness from 1991, but the rig is very similar to the wartime X-Type Parachute. When fully set up (which I've not the space to do) with the Sten Mk V and all the kit / accessories it's a great looking setup with the parachute and harness.

Ralph I'll be calling you soon for your personal tour. I have 1 helmet coming for my (mostly) German War Room, then we can see both but you'll need an entire afternoon.

When The German War Room gets that helmet I will post some photos of that room as well.
    Looking forward to it Doug!
    A whole afternoon will not be a problem.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Incredible collection,,there are so many uniforms that it looks like a mens clothing store. Nice collection!!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Wow! Stunning collection. Nicely displayed, although still overloads the senses as there’s so much to take in! The headwear stand displays the berets amazingly well. It’s great to see that this important collection has found its way into good hands. Congratulations!

Cheers from the west coast,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Really very impressive world class collection.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast