Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

The Canadian War Room

Article about: I figured you'd be a Caps fan being from Maryland, (whats up with your team this year??) I am an Oiler fan. My wife just used our points to fly to California to visit my dad for his 70th bir

?

Default Re: The Canadian War Room

Morning Doug I have to ask you one more Question concerning this collection the fifth image from the bottom with all the uniforms hanging together I noticed what would appear to be a US issued IKE jacket with Sgt stripes and the FSSF arrow head attached to it can you confirm if this is an Ike jacket and did it belong to a US soldier.

Regards Mark K

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Canadian War Room
    P
    Many

Fabulous, Doug. This forum lacks a "falling over in amazement" icon. The icon just doesnt say enough for my reaction. What times are your guided tours? One would need a multi-day pass fo your collection.

?

Hi Mark, Yes that belonged to Sgt. Don Mothersell of Modesto California, I own his service cap as well, you can see it is the cap on the far left in the large uniform display. I have a studio photo of Mothersell wearing the jacket and cap.

?

Thanks for the quick reply Doug looking forward to seeing and hearing more of the history about this collection when you have time .

Regards Mark K

?

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Fabulous, Doug. This forum lacks a "falling over in amazement" icon. The icon just doesnt say enough for my reaction. What times are your guided tours? One would need a multi-day pass fo your collection.
    LOL, thanks for the compliment. This is only part of the Canadian and Allied, the rest is in The German War Room fraternizing with the enemy and my extensive badge and patch collection will be shown when the new cabinet I have being custom made is completed. Your welcome anytime and if you have a spare weekend we can get through most of it and a case or two of Chimay. Of course the time needed to look at everything goes up in direct relation to the number of Chimay you drink. For Chimay Blue (Triples!) double the time....and if we get into the tequila well, lets just say you better not have any plans for a month LOL.

?

hi

your collection is amazing, great display, thanks for sahring it

cheers

hughes

I always wanted to go to Canada. I'll put ya on the "To See and Do" list. You're tied for First Place with grabbing myself a RCMP campaign hat and seeing a Moose.

PS: I'll drink whatever you provide, sir. It's your castle.

What an fantastic collection Doug.

?

Well your in luck, my friend an hours drive from me owns such a hat (he won't sell it however) and a short drive from here we can see a moose. My stepdad used to be in the RCMP. And nearby lives the author on RCMP collectibles Jim Boulton who has quite the collection of Canadian and Commonwealth headgear and RCMP items! In fact Jim and I are planning to get together soon. And while your here we will catch a hockey game.

Quote by DougB View Post
    Well your in luck, my friend an hours drive from me owns such a hat (he won't sell it however) and a short drive from here we can see a moose. My stepdad used to be in the RCMP. And nearby lives the author on RCMP collectibles Jim Boulton who has quite the collection of Canadian and Commonwealth headgear and RCMP items! In fact Jim and I are planning to get together soon. And while your here we will catch a hockey game.
    I might just have to take you up on that offer. You pitched that like a professional travel agent. What kind of deals can you get me on airfare? lol One does not come across RCMP hats very often. Which is your team? Dare I say I'm not a die hard hockey fan, but when I am I root for the Caps. They're close to home.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast